Silently profiling an amp head

• So I'm looking to do a number of Direct Profiles (I believe that's what they're called) of amp heads by connecting the speaker out of the amp to a dummy load with a line out and connecting that to the Kemper. Is this the best way to silently profile an amp head (with no speaker cabinet)?

I've heard running a dummy load can change the sound of the amp in a negative way, though. Is this true? Should I connect the amp head to a direct box that can handle the speaker load then put the Cab out of said DI box into a dummy load? would this work?

thanks!

• Got it. So it doesn't really matter what can I have it connected to (as long as Impedence and wattage match) then I can take the direct amp profile and load it whatever can I want from the merged profiles I have, correct?

• You'll be anyway free to couple whatever cabs and amps.
    According to the cab(s) you'll be profiling your amp(s) with, the power section will work in a specific way that depends on the impedance trend of the cab itself. But this is unavoidable, so go for it!

:)

• So I'm looking to do a number of Direct Profiles (I believe that's what they're called) of amp heads by connecting the speaker out of the amp to a dummy load with a line out and connecting that to the Kemper. Is this the best way to silently profile an amp head (with no speaker cabinet)?

I've heard running a dummy load can change the sound of the amp in a negative way, though. Is this true? Should I connect the amp head to a direct box that can handle the speaker load then put the Cab out of said DI box into a dummy load? would this work?

thanks!

I did some DI Profiles like this using a Suhr Reactive Load. Sounded good to me, especially the AFD100. Cheers

• A Weber Power-Mass may do the trick, because it's a speaker`s voice-coil without a Membrane and behaves similar to a real speaker.

I did this actually, with an older Weber MASS, tapping the slave output of my Triple Rectifier. It does work, but I got different results using my Uberkab as a load. Better, worse? Just different. The profiling process is learning by doing anyway.

• I have (for sale) a Tube Town Tonehoud, which is basically a fully closed mini came with a speaker inside and some isolating material.
    It is not 100% silent, but you'll bring down the noise of a good 70%. And if you put it in a box with some pillows you get 90% noise reduction.
    I did some nice direct profiles with it, way better than my old palmer PGA.