DXR10 and KPA - Tying It Down

• Lately, my singer and I have been doing some duo shows to fill in some gaps. I'm playing electric with the KPA and a DXR10. I'm trying to keep this as easy/light as possible, which means I'd prefer not to bring the stand, which is bulky/heavy.

Anybody figured out a good way to strap the KPA on top of a DXR10? It will sit on top (cab upright), but I wouldn't call it stable. I'd sure hate to see the KPA take a dive! There are no handles on the sides of the DXR10 to tie onto. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• A loop of bungee cord works pretty well - you tie the cord so it's in a figure-eight crossed under the top handle of the DXR10, then you can stretch the two loops over the strap handles on the profiler. It'll move around, because of the stretch, but I just tried with mine and it's not going to fall off. You could have two separate loops rather than a single one in a figure-eight but I was feeling lazy.

Tom

• I just got a DXR10 and had the same problem....too precarious for me.

I started out using a cheap guitar strap hooked on to the buttons on each side of the KPA. Tried replacing the buttons with strap locks...almost worked except I didn't have the right screws handy as the originals would stick out a but far from the strap lock button.
    Worked ok, but I ended up just making a thinner strap (stolen from an old rucksack) that can be easily tightened and with a hole at each end to hook over the buttons..
    Works reasonably well.
    Worked even better after I put a big rubber grommet with a bolt into the DXR10 handle to stop the KPA sliding backwards.