Factory Reset Not Working?

• For some reason my KPA Rack quit working in that all I hear are loud clicks and pops out of it. With the guitar plugged in I get no lights on the input and no sound at all.

I had just hooked it up to rig manager to copy a couple of rigs around, and am wondering if I got into some sort of state, as opposed to it being a hardware issue.

So my thought was to do a factory system reset - wipe it completely clean - and restore in pieces from backup.

However, when I did the "hold system key while turning it on" thing, it didn't wipe it clean of all the rigs and performances.

Then I tried holding down soft button 1 (the left one above the display) while turning it on, as I've read, and that did nothing at all.

I'm on firmware 3.3.11... whatever the release version is.

How do I reset this thing to determine if it's hardware or software related?

• Kemper loud clicks/pops over USB bus [VIDEO]

is it the same problem as posted in this threat?

I wish it was, that I would know how to handle. This is when standing alone after several reboots. And the fact that I see no lights on the input whether I plug into the front panel input or the alternate input in the back makes me wonder.

Fortunately I have a backup toaster for today's gig - that's why I always have 2 of everything!

• Nice that you get a backup one. Please give us an information what it was if support can solve it. Sometimes the unit and reported problems make me a little bit nervous, but i am happy with the great support and service.
    Cheers
    Frank

• Well, turns out that the post I read didn't mention turning the unit to the tuner position and not just any "on" position. I heard back from support almost immediately (within just a few hours) with that detail included.

I was able to init flash but, unfortunately, it's down for the count. No more signal is coming through, I think the popping sound I was hearing before was something on its last leg.

So I've written support back about repair. This will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the unit repaired. It is just over a year old so I suspect out of warranty at this point.

Griff

So I've written support back about repair. This will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the unit repaired. It is just over a year old so I suspect out of warranty at this point.

Griff

The longest time is the trip of your parcel. I had a pleasure to deal with support twice, and repair was hell quick.

As for warranty, Kemper gives you 36 months of support, so no worries.

• Well, got home from the gig and though, "I'll turn it on and just see..."

Sure enough, worked just fine. Restored it from backup, all seems just fine.

It does appear that odd things happen when I connect to the Rig Manager once in a while (strange noises, etc.) But this is the strangest thing I've ever seen. Usually it's nothing that makes it unusable for more than a few seconds.

In any event, seems to work fine now and I guess I'll call off the dogs.