smallest guitar cab 1x12"

• When I was researching cabs looking to build a 1X12 or 2X12 from scratch, the smallest and lightest (by far) was a pricey Italian import called the DRAGOON XSHH which claimed to be a crazy 19 lbs. By comparison, most of the others I looked at were 27.5 lbs and up.

Guitar Center no longer carries the Matrix Neolight series, but it was lighter still... 16.9 lbs!

Of course, cab size does matter along with materials & porting (if used), so audition for tone if you can.

Dragoon link here. Matrix link here.

-djh

Edited 2 times, last by dhodgson ().

• +10 for Dragoon: the best cabs I've used, highly optimized and engineered.
    My 2x12 weights 14 kg, and can be used @ 4 or 18 ohm, in parallel or in series with others, and in an open, semi-closed or closed configuration.
    See here for some pics. Isn't it beautiful? X)

The 1x12"s are basically half of that, and come in several transducer configurations. Of course you can match'n'mix them for an incredible number of sonic combinations.

Here's a comparison among some models:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

HTH