Are you guys mixing and matching cabs with profiles?

• I found what I consider to be a super nice V30 cabinet on a BE-100 profile and I've found that if I stick it on some of the Britt profiles, I get something very different but no less awesome.

Is it detrimental to the original 'studio' profile to be mixing and matching like this? If it sounds good, it is good, right?

Anybody else really mixing and matching?

• Absolutely! The cab is perhaps the biggest influens of the tone of a rig.
    I have a couple of cabs that I have saved from some great profiles, both commercial and free, that I often use when I find a profile that feels promising but lacks something extra.

• if it's a studio profile, how does the Kemper know how to split the amp and cab up? Anyone know? Like, how much of the tone is the amp model and how much is the cab, if it's all profiled together? Does that make sense?

• Absolutely! The cab is perhaps the biggest influens of the tone of a rig.
    I have a couple of cabs that I have saved from some great profiles, both commercial and free, that I often use when I find a profile that feels promising but lacks something extra.

If it sounds good, it is good, right?

That's right. I got some awesome cabs that to my ears sound better than others in every situation. I use them with merged and studio profiles and always like them.
    As always: Trust your ears! :D
    It's really all about that. If you like it, use it and you won't be wrong. There is no reference, no good, no awesome and no standard guitar tone. When the tone you like fits your needs i. E. plays well with your band's sound or plays well with your recordings, you've done everything right. ;)

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• The easiest way to test various cabs is to load up one of your favorit rigs and lock the AMP, EQ, STOMP and FX sections. I.e. let only the CAB section be unlocked.
    Then preview the riggs via the Rig Manager that has the speakers you are interested in and only the CAB section is changed.
    When You find something You like, go to the CAB section and save just the cab.
    Some of the best cabs that are free IMHO are from Deadlight Studios, Sinmix and MentaL. But your taste might favour something else.