Stompbox effect, Variax style

• We know that KPA are the geniuses of sound processing. So how about a stompbox type effect that does the kind of thing the variax guitar does. Maybe it needs extra processing power so it would take up multiple effects slots. But it would be very cool to have an effect that goes from humbucker -> single coil sound, or to sitar, acoustic etc.

I'd say that kind of processing is impossible but if anyone's going to figure out a way, it's going to be Kemper.

• An external unit of this kind has already been made.
    The problem is that you need to drive it with an esaphonic PU, like the Variax does. This would be the only way to get custom tunings, for example, or to tweak each string's sound like in the L6 workbench.

:)

• Sure - and I can certainly see that detuning one string etc. would be impossible without that sort of pickup. But you get acoustic simulator pedals and the like and I figure Kemper could probably find a way to make it sound much more awesome.

• They are interesting products, but I'd by far prefer to not have to carry another floor unit with me. The Variax seems more practical to me. Eagerly waiting for the new implementation T.T. Mum Yamaha :D

• Well so far I've had them all and the ATG-1 sounds way more natural and real then the Line6 stuff. But you never know what will be out next.
    I have a internal Atg kit, But I'm now looking to remount the ATG-1 in a project box with external pedals to mount on my pedal board

• Thanks for the info :)
    Yep, I bet the next (pre-announced) Variax will be a definite quantum leap (see what Yamaha has done for the Helix).

Is the internal kit you're referring to custom-designed and does it require invasive works, or is it easily available and installable?