Rigs change in performances - answers to a couple questions might help

• I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just updated to 4.06 last week and was hoping that would fix it but I'm going to assume now that I'm just doing something wrong.

I have a Kemper with a Kemper pedal board, Only two performances, one Marshall with gain light to heavy from left to right, same with a Bogner performance.

I do everything thru rig exchange and the only time I touch the Kemper is by switching the chicken knob from off to performance and back to off when done.

My rigs will randomly just change on me and I don't know why but maybe by knowing the answer to two questions might help me out.

1) Should I ONLY sample rigs from rig exchange in BROWSE mode, never in performance mode?
    2) My thought was that settings are changed in the Kemper ONLY when SAVE button is pushed on the Kemper itself, But this behavior is proving this theory wrong. Can I get this confirmed?

I'm reluctant to make in more performances until I get this worked out.

And one other question, not to derail the above because it's higher on my priority list but... since I'm asking questions, do all purchased profiles come with the definition set to MAX, not that big a deal
    but is kind of a hassle to tweak this with every profile I try. Maybe its the guitars (Music Man JP and American Strat) but no profile I've found sounds best with definition at MAX

Thanks!

• Ahhh! I do remember reading this somewhere but didn't know it survived a power cycle.

Good to know, I will try that tonight. I assume I have to change performance, select a rig then go back to the performance, or is it as easy as just hitting the performance up then down button (or visa versa)?

I'll eventually find this out on my own but now curiosity has just got a grip on me :)