(Soundside) JP Signature Pack - 2 new clips

• Thank you all for your support.

The first soundsample is on the website.

Please send me your user clips in case you have a great one.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hey all...here is a really quick clip I put together with this awesome set of profiles. I used "MBJPC 2 13 EQ1 S KS" for this clip. Sorry for the mistakes but I just did a really quick one. I literally left the knobs alone. I used my Anderson Pro Am for the clip.

Do yourself an purchase this set. They are amazing!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here as promised some more information about the latest pack:

We profiled the amp using 3 settings (Clean, Rhy, Lead) = Channel 1,2,3
    The JP Settings were used (as explained in the manual and instruction videos of the amp)

For channel 2 did we profile everything with the 'Shred' option on and off.
    Channel1 has no Shred option and the KPA was not able to profile channel3 with the Shred option activated (to much gain / noise).

We profiled all channels with a Royer121 and ShureSM57.
    This is marked in the profile name:
    R = Royer121 only
    S = SM57 only
    RS = both at the same time.

Since both mics were in phase you can also reamp your recording (by using the R and S profiles) and then freely adjust the amount of each mic in your DAW - e.g. 30% Rode and 70% SM ...

In addition did we profile the amp with the Shure KSM 313 = marked as K
    and a combination 50% KSM and 50% SM57 = marked as KS

In general IMHO does the RS and KS profiles sound best (at least with the Majesty guitar).
    If you prefer more treble try the S profiles if you like a darker tone try the R or K profiles.

In case you use a darker sounding guitar (e.g. a LesPaul) - then activate StompSlot D to reduce the deep parts of your guitar to get a tighter less boomy sound.

These profile are all raw profiles = no effects used.

But feel free to activate the delay and reverb slots - we have prepared some basis settings for you.

Enjoy!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• What kind of cabinet is going to be used? I think that Petrucci uses 1x12 Recto cab nowadays.

In general, I like this meticulous approach. Same mics, same amp and same. Although this still leaves some guesswork: mic placement, mic blend and the eq applied to the mics. What happens in the studio will of course vary depending on the song, and live is a whole another deal. Nevertheless, I would be happy if the profiles would sound anything like in the Tones on Tour -video.

4x12" V30 cabinet

Mic blend is 50/50 - JP uses 45/45 and 10% room mic for the demos.
    KPA can't profile the room mics.
    So you may add a little bit of room reverb.

Additional EQ can be added via the KPA EQ's (e.g. in X slot) or the regular tone stack.

• Pack #71 used the JP settings for all 3 channels and a lot of different mic setups.

The amp can do much more - so I am currently creating a second pack with other amp settings ....

• two new user clips added - in case you have created another great clip ... let us know.

Edited once, last by Armin ().