KPA and external effects

• Many people (including myself) are not satisfied with the effects currently avaiable in the KPA and are using other units, either in the the loop on in the front.
    I'd by curious to know which kind of solutions you guys out there have come up with, while waiting for OS5.

• Mobius in the front and Timeline in the loop or both in the loop?

Both in the loop (the Mobius in front of the TImeline), and most of the time in the MOD block. I change the patches on both units with the midi program change command within the Performance slots.

• Both in the loop (the Mobius in front of the TImeline), and most of the time in the MOD block. I change the patches on both units with the midi program change command within the Performance slots.

Not sure it would work for me, as I like my phasers pre-distortion (and sometimes choruses too).

• Not sure it would work for me, as I like my phasers pre-distortion (and sometimes choruses too).

If you put the external (mono or stereo) loop in the A, B, C or D block stompboxes, it should be OK (as long as you put them before any distortion stompbox). But my sounds are also distorted, I like it personally more when it's behind the distortion, because otherwise the effect overshadows too much the real sound of the guitar/amp... but that's just my personal taste of course.

• If you put the external (mono or stereo) loop in the A, B, C or D block stompboxes, it should be OK (as long as you put them before any distortion stompbox).

Yes, but that would mean having the Timeline before distortion as well. The limit here is having one external loop.
    Only solution in my case would be to have the Mobius in the front and the Timeline in the (stereo) loop.

• Yes, but that would mean having the Timeline before distortion as well. The limit here is having one external loop.
    Only solution in my case would be to have the Mobius in the front and the Timeline in th (stereo) loop.

Yes I agree... I also wished already there was more than just one external loop... Two ideally.

• Key has been the BBE - amazing to my ears.
    Have a Lexicon Vortex in the loop now with some pedals in front - have a Mooer Slow Engine - very nice, especially for the money. Also got a small size Electric Mistress clone for that "somewhere between phase and flange" effect and the "filter" stopping the LFO. Debating how badly I want a phaser with a stop-able LFO at the moment. It's nifty for like one song, but I don't know if I use it enough to make it worthwhile.

Have a Line6 M13 in front, but haven't used it much lately - trying to decide how that will fit into the mix in the future.

Lately looking at some doubletrack effects that I've been unsuccessful at creating with the Kemper options thusfar.

Hoping someone sells a profile set of the Maxon elements series soon (and not just low gain settings...)

Really trying to decide what parts stay in the studio and what goes on the road...

Ordered a "cruncher" clone of an MI overdrive specifically to feed dirt to the ZeroPoint flanger. Wonderfully trippy flanger, that.

What I _really_ want is a Strymon version of an M13... or something that another crazy effect is just a matter of editing settings and blocks. Would love it if outside vendors could market effect algorithms the way others sell profiles..

• I bought a Helix this spring, and have spent what little free time I have had getting familiar with it as a standalone unit. Just recently I finally starting running it with the Kemper, and so far I'm liking the way things are working out. Once I get the two units playing well together I'm probably throw my two H9s into the mix and really go to town.

• The Kemper LOVES the DOD Carcosa Fuzz. Fed it with a little overdrive and had to play for hours... couldn't put it down with that tone.

Had a nice MBritt profile with a cleanish Plexi to start.