Reamping - How To

• Hi everyone,

I am using my Kemper with a Quad-Capture Interface and Logic Pro X. I'm connecting the Kemper to the Quad-Capture using a S/PDIF cable.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice on how to achieve the following:

1. I would like to record a dry guitar signal via the Kemper into Logic Pro X so I can edit the rigs I use at a later date.
    2. While recording I would also like to be able to hear the current rig selection so I can get a feel for the sound rather than just hearing the dry signal.

Is this possible and if so can someone explain how to achieve this?

Cheers,

Mike

• ... additional you can watch two great tutorials from kemper:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi guys,

Thanks for your help.

I'm new to Kemper and relatively new to home recording. I've watched both tutorials and I'll now read through the guide in your signature, Michael-dk.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks,

Mike

• Hi Michael_dk,

I started reading the thread you directed me to. I've a few beginner questions:

1. You wrote "1) Let's assume that you record like me, which is to a stereo track, where the DI signal is on the left, and the "amp" signal is on the right."

How do I do this using spdif?

2. I see you are using a Focusrite Safire interface and Mix Control software.

I don't have either of these. I'm using a Roland Quad Capture, which just has a control panel. Can I use your method of recording and reamping using my current set up?

Cheers,

Mike

• 1. You wrote "1) Let's assume that you record like me, which is to a stereo track, where the DI signal is on the left, and the "amp" signal is on the right."

How do I do this using spdif?

In the output menu of the Kemper (click the right-side button "master" or "output"), you can select different signals to send out of the outputs. I use "Git/stack" usually. There are other options, described in the Kemper manual.

2. I see you are using a Focusrite Safire interface and Mix Control software.

I don't have either of these. I'm using a Roland Quad Capture, which just has a control panel. Can I use your method of recording and reamping using my current set up?

I don't know the quad capture - but I could imagine that its control panel is comewhat similar to the mix control?