Custom Speaker Cab Idea (need opinions) . . .

• I currently play a Kemper Profiler with an Atomic CLR "Neo" wedge.
      My band always claims they can't hear me (directionally) and that I'm not loud enough.
      I run the Atomic CLR at almost full on - plus - I run a Laney "IRT" (small 8" 250W wedge) in addition to the Atomic cab.
      Still not loud enough!

Well, I'm always one for creative ideas whether they fail or succeed.

So here is my latest idea. Let me know if any of this sounds like it may work.

1. I've been looking into this PWR-DSP2 plate amp. If I'm looking for "louder", will this work for my setup?
      It seems to be "complete" in reference to any external items needed, plus it has DSP to tweak the crossover/EQ//etc.
      www.minidsp.com/products/plate-amplifiers/pwr-dsp2

Would I be able to run both of the cabinets from the one PWR-DSP2 (two channels)
      I was thinking of using the Eminence Beta 10cx coaxials. Are these a good choice?
      I would be using 2 speakers in the lower cab, and either 2 or maybe 1 in the top cab.
      2. Would there be any cross interference issues with the way the speakers are placed in the 90 degree angle cab?
      Here is a pic of the cab that inspired me to build a similar design. Here is a response from someone asking a similar question.
      "Sound report - no issues with tone or asymmetrical noise or waves. Big and full with a JMP 2204 - absolutely monster with a Satellite Baracuda - with and without pedals.
      [Blocked Image: http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab240/xxtwighlight/Square%20Guitar%20Cab_zpsjyzsoy6t.jpg
      Here is the build process he went though (if you care to check it out) from TGP . . . http://www.thegearpage.net/boa…net-baffles-away.1701462/

3. What is your opinion on the "side port" style cab (Forte) in reference to a more dispersed sound that a band member to the side of myself would hear better?
      [Blocked Image: http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab240/xxtwighlight/ForteSpeaker752_IMG_1919_zpsml9ygp0b.jpg]

4. Finally, here is my custom cab idea (give or take)
      The pole mount would enable me to swivel in whichever direction.
      Back tilted baffles for a slight upward projection.
      As I mentioned, the top cab may be just a single speaker instead of the V-front dual speaker in the pic. (I'm not sure yet)
      Thanx for taking the time and any info!
      -Robert

[Blocked Image: http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab240/xxtwighlight/Custom%20Kemper%20Cab%20pt2%20%20copy_zpsijhclu8j.jpg]
      [/quote]

• That's an interesting topic. I was just interested to see what this could look like, so I drew it rapidly in 3D. Perhaps it is a bit to small (base size, height ok) so the speaker baskets or magnets could touch I think. I took an angle of 6.5" degrees recess and already very much room is lost for mounting the speakers and for volume! But apart from that it could be worth a try. What it might sound like another story.. :)

• The efficiency of this Eminence is about 94 dB per watt and meter, which is quite low for stage speakers. At 2 kHz its about 98 dB. Compare this to a Celestion (Greenback or EVH) with its 106 dB or so at 2 kHz. Thats why they cut through so nicely. WIth those speakers you might even make a step back...

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Small, good sounding and loud - seems like getting all three is difficult. I'm no sound engineer but would there be any phase issues with the speakers sharing such a small volume of space together, and at an angle?

You could get 2 bogner cubes and devise a shelf stand to do the same thing...?

• In the seventies and eighties there were speaker cabinets from different manufacturers on the market with speakers angled (smaller angles but still) away from each other to spread highs over the crowd in front. Inside there was no separation so I guess is doesn't disturb at least not enough to care.

• I once made a bass cab with a front firing 15" and a side firing 8" in a sealed internal box for the drummer. The drummer didn't think it was much of an improvement, but I never put in the time to troubleshoot why. I was going to add a separate amp for the 8" with a HPF on it, but never got around to it.

Regarding the plate amps, I think the DSP-2 might be overkill. The cheaper amps in your link use IcePower boards, which I really like. I built two bass amps, one with the ICE125 and one with the ICE250. With a 4-ohm cab, even the ICE125 is good enough to have my band mates tell at me to turn down. Run the ICE250 with two 8 ohm speakers in parallel and you should be plenty loud.

Another thing to consider is a line-array monitor, like one of the Bose PA sticks. They have excellent dispersion.

Here's the pocket bass amp that I just finished with the IcePower 250 module: Weighs 2.8 lbs, gonna stay in my gig bag for emergencies.

[Blocked Image: https://s9.postimg.org/rj18prmgf/amp.jpg]

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I wish I could make a cad image like that Nightwish. Thanx.

The Eminence Beta 10cx seemed like the best standard 10" coaxials I could find for let's say the "under $150 catagory".

You're welcome. Don't hesitate to pm me if you need more models or plans with dimension or so..