Latch footswitch with mono cable - Have to press it twice to switch morph on and off

• Hi, i tried a Roland/Boss FS-5L switch using a TS cable into one of the switch inputs on the KPA.

I set the Footswitch type to Mono (also tried Stereo setting as well with the same results).
    It works with Morph BUT, it only triggers Morph when ON is pressed so I need to press it twice each time.

eg; Light is off > Press button, light is on and Morph is triggered (Rise parameter)
    To trigger the Fall parameter of Morph I need to click the button to OFF then back to ON.

I thought it would just use the on/off states as the trigger between Rise and Fall.
    Is this a setting or do I need a two button switch like the FS-6 (with one button for rise and one for fall)?

FYI - The FS-5L doesn't work with e TRS cable

Any help is appreciated.
    Ric

• With the FS-7, could you use the same button for both on and off rather than one for on and the other for off?

In that scenario, does it make the second button redundant on the KPA?

• the KPA is designed to work with non-latching momentary footswitches.

If that is the case, why is there an option in the Morph settings to select Momentary? That would suggest you can use both a Latching and Non Latching one.

Also, the documentation eludes that this can also be done.

• Momentary switches are always used with the KPA.

I read this somewhere ( most likely in the Reference Manual):

When the Morph option is set to "Momentary", the morph occurs as long as you keep the switch pressed, and returns to un-morphed when you release the switch.

When it is not set to Momentary, one press of the switch causes morph to happen, and a second press releases the morph.

• I learned to check and make sure the status light is off anytime I switch presets onstage, just like I do for all the CTL buttons on my FC300. Can be a real PITA.