Kemper sound vs sample on youtube and profile sites

• I had my Kemper for some weeks now and strugle to make it sound good. I am using it with good studio monitores and it sounds far as good as the profile samples on youtube or the providers of the profiles samples.
    I hav tried to twek the sounds in any posible way, also did a factory reset but nothing changed.
    I am looking for a good ACDC profile and tried most Marshal profiles on Rigexhange JCM JMP also JPM and DSL....
    I cant get the clea crisp distorion. Mine are muddy and dull,
    Do anyone had the same problem or know any solution

• First, your guitar (pick-ups, neck scale, wood) will change the sound if it is very different from the guitar used by the profiler. Second, some profiles may need a bit of tweaking to sound close to what you may want.
    Still, it is strange that all rigs sound muddy. Have you got the latest 4. firmware?
    Go to Michael Britt's website and subscribe to the mailing list. That will give you some 20 profiles that most people will say work very well for them. Also the free downloads in The Amp Factory website. These two guys make profiles that do not need much tweaking, if any. If you play a Les Paul with dark vintage pick-ups it is probable you may need to increase the definition and/or use a high pass filtrer with some boomy rigs. Good luck.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• also go to the Kemper download Page and there you may download a Pack by Bert M. His rigs sound pretty good for most folks. No Marshall, I think, but there is a great Bogner. The Bogner shouldn't sound dull. Not metal, though. Just heavy rock. If you want a more aggressive tone look for stuff by Reampzone, Tonehammer or Sinmix. Their rigs have less bottom end.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I am playing mostly with Les Paul with BB PRO and Pearly Gates. Some of the clean sounds are good but to get a ACDC crunch I strugle. When I urn the gain up it Its like I cant get the crisp clean distortion. I read a tread and they sugested to reset system, and I will try that as soon as I get home. If its not workin I will bring it to the guitar shop and compair with their Kemper there. I cant make it sound near as good as the samples I heard on the net so I hope there is something I do wrong and I find a solution...

• Thanks for feedback guys and thanks for the suggestions on good profiles. I di a factory reset and first now I can experience the three awsomenes of Kemper. The sound is brilliant now and I am exited :)
    Also the sustain of my guitar is improved. I been through all menus to find the fault also I tried to factory reset, but I guess I did not do it right.
    But now My Kemper sounds fantastic an I am so happy and impressed :)
    If anyone know about good ACDC profiles I like to know :)

• I had the same quest for ACDC sound. Besides The Amp Factory profile JTM 45 1966, I was also pleasantly surprised by a Soldano SLO100. It's hotter, but comes better through without much tweaking.

• The sound is brilliant now and I am exited :)
    Also the sustain of my guitar is improved.
    But now My Kemper sounds fantastic an I am so happy and impressed :)

Mine sounded like that from the get go, and made me feel that way from the get go. In fact, getting my KPA broke me from a bit of a laissez-faire slump I was in. Rekindled my passion a bit. I found a really nice Jubilee and a Dumble profile last night, that just got me playing for fun and enjoyment (even with a smile for most of it). Before I knew it, the entire evening was gone. Hours of time flew by. AND, not one ounce of ear fatigue strain or ringing, and it was all with massive, great tone (albeit low volume).

But, in a way, I envy you. You now have a reference of bad tone, and can really appreciate what the Kemper brings.

• Thanks for replies the Marshall Golub Crunch profiles is a good one :)
    Most profiles sounds good now after I reset my Kemper :)
    I still don`t know why it sounded muddy before. Seams like there was a input problem, couse now the sound is louder and more clear..
    Still happy :)

• My Kemper sounded muddy until I recently reset the flash memory on my Kemper. Today it started to sound Muddy again.
    I reset the flash again and it solved the problem. I have the latest firmware and I am not making any adjustments on the Kemper to tweak the sound on my profiles, so I don`understand why it suddenly sounds bad.
    I send`t a mail to support, but they said there is no problem regarding this.
    I read on the forum and it seams like others have experienced the same issue.
    I wonder if anyone know the reason for this or have a solution on the problem.

Regards Paul

• Did you provide them with a backup? I mean, did you take a backup while the problem was there, BEFORE doing the reset?

• I think he meant, take a backup if it happens again, so as to give to Kemper support, so they can analyze.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant :) If they don't get a backup, they're limited in what they can do to identify any errors - which also makes it much harder to fix, which means other users will likely experience the same errors etc etc etc :)