Aux in won't work in stereo out

• Hey guys, thanks in advance. So I have been able to get my mp3s from my phone to work in stereo through my headphones. However, I purchased a pair of Yamaha HS8 and I would like to do the same through the monitors. At the moment I am only getting MP3 sound from the left monitor and my guitar sound through both. Monitors are plugged to direct out and monitor out, my aux is plugged into alternative input and return input.

Might be worth mentioning that in this configuration my guitar sounds awesome but I can't jam the way I would like to. If I plug my monitors to the main outputs I get my aux in stereo but my guitar tone turns into garbage.

Again, thanks.

• I guess, you can mix Aux In with separate controls into HEADPHONE OUT, MAIN OUT and MONITOR OUT, not DIRECT OUT. Why don't you connect your monitor speakers to the MAIN OUT and perhaps even via XLR?

• I presume that you have correctly set the output (monitor out as main left and the direct out as main right) and you have set the aux in--->main to an appropriate level, isn't it?

Yes. I will say that while messing with the aux in->headphones this actually controls the volume level of the monitors. If i set headphones to zero and play with the main volume i get nothing. Thanks.

I guess, you can mix Aux In with separate controls into HEADPHONE OUT, MAIN OUT and MONITOR OUT, not DIRECT OUT. Why don't you connect your monitor speakers to the MAIN OUT and perhaps even via XLR?

If i plug my monitors to main out they sound like crap compared to the way i have it now. Thanks for your help.

• The guitar signal should not sound like "crap" at any of the outputs.
    There are however several options that influence the type of signal that is present at the main outs.
    Go to the Output menu and check the following:
    Which output source is assigned to the main outs? Make sure it is set to Master Stereo.
    Did you set the volume level for the main outs too high so they might be clipping the input of your active monitors?
    Have you checked the main output equalizer settings in the output menu? Is it set to some odd values?
    Have you tried to reset the output settings using the Init Globals function on the first page of the system menu?

• It does not sound like crap, you are correct. What I am experiencing with the tone is that the direct and main outputs, sound muffled compared to the monitor output with the cab turned off. With the cab turned on they sound the same, but I much prefer the sound of the monitor out with the cab off. What I have determined is that I do not get a signal from my aux through the direct output. I only get a signal from the main outs and the monitor out which I don’t get, but I am starting to feel it was designed this way.
    Thanks for trying to help me

• Okay, Thanks for your help. I did what you said and turned the cabinet off on the front of the unit and this did achieve the sound i was looking for in stereo. After playing with it for a while though i realized i did not like the sound of it. That fuzz on the high end is prominent. I am very happy with my setup now s thanks a bunch.