Clean Volume Boost for Solos and the Rocktron MIDImate patch switch and effects On/Off

• Hi Everyone,

Title pretty much says it all. I am trying to use the midimate to switch patches under the performance mode with the bottom row of buttons and and use the top row to turn on/off effects. I can't figure out how to do it. Has anyone developed a guide for this or can point me in the right direction. I also really want to figure out the best way for a clean volume boost for solos.

Thanks for the help.

• I don't have a MIDImate, but:

Mode Three is the CONTROLLER Mode which allows the user to program buttons 5 to 9 (top row) to access on/off controller assignments (not presets) while buttons 0 to 4 (bottom row) access presets. This allows presets to be recalled and modified (turn off/on chorus or delay, for example) without the need to switch modes.

The MIDIMate manual will explain how to set up Mode Three. The Kemper MIDI Documentation ( downloadable from the Kemper website) will give you a list of the CC numbers needed to turn FX on/off.

• I will try that out. Any suggestions on which pedal effect or setting to use as a clean boost for solos?

• I use the pure booster too on some profiles, never tought about using the x.slot! it is logical!! I have to try it out, because on some profiles its a bit more gainraise than i realy want.. some gain add on solovolum can realy be nice tough!

• All my presets have a pure booster in the X slot. If my midi controller was NRPN capable I'd free up that slot as well. I don't belive the MidiMate hasn't hat capability either. Someday I'll buy a midi event mapper and get it done that way.