Can a POE harm the remote?

• Hi Guys,

maybe a question which has already been answered but I haven't been able to find it.
    I'd like to use my remote with my long and short multicable. The long one is 15m and the short one 6m. To use the long one I'd need a POE. I've bought the suggested TP-LINK POE150s. Will this harm the remote when using my short cable? Or can I leave this in my rack to be used with wichever cable?

Kind regards,
    Roy Beukers

• I have the same POE injector you mentioned (permanently mounted in my rack) and regularly use it with both a 60ft (gfor gigs) and 12ft (at rehearsal) Ethernet cable running out to the Remote. Never had a single issue using either length.

Typically, POE is pretty intelligent in that the injector can send different levels of power. The receiving device actually identifies itself with the injector as one of a few different "classes" to let the injector know what it needs power wise. I cant say for sure the T-link one does that, but I'd be mighty surprised if it didn't as it's kind of the basis of modern POE.

From my knowledge, you should be fine with any length Ethernet cable on a POE as long as it's between 3ft and 300ft, and ensuring the receiving device (in this case the Remote) is setup for POE (which it is).

I agree with @paults though. A support ticket would be the definitive answer in regards to the Remote and the recommended TP-Link poe.