It would be awesome if...

• ...in the profile exchange forum, people would post a short, or long, clip of the profile they're posting so people can get an idea of it's sound. For those who already own the KPA, it might save them time if it's a sound they aren't interested in, and for those of us without one, it would continue to give us more info and help us decide if the KPA is something we want to buy.

We've heard some profiles that sound great and some not so great. When I finally get a KPA, it'd sure be a time saver to be able to quickly weed out all the profiles that I'm not interested in without having to dl the file, load it into the kpa and mess with it.

just a thought from an anxious non-owner,

• +1 on that. I heard some profile clips that are really good but I've also heard some that are quite horrible nasty narly etc. It must be all down to how the amp was mic'd etc so it would definitely be good to have an audio clip along with the actual profile

• Well it may be that you just dislike the sound of the amp which was profiled not necessarily how it was mic'd etc.... just sayin. But on a more positive note I CANNOT wait to get my Kemper especially after watching the review you posted Jon.
    Thx,
    CH

It's possible, but I have heard a couple of profiles where I have played the amp that was profiled and the profiles sound nothing like the real amp, but then I've heard others that do sound like the real amp so I assume it is down to the placement of the mic (operator error) :D

Anyway, I should know for myself on Tuesday :)

• ...in addition to proper mic placemente etc, some people may be running the signal through a high end, pro signal path and some may have an Mbox. That will absolutely make a difference in the quality of the profile unless I have completely misunderstood the process. I can't imagine that a royer and 57 combo through a Chandler pre wouldn't produce a better result than a Samson mic going into an Mbox etc.

...just a hunch.

• It would be awesome if when a profiles site goes up eventually it would be attached to a server that would run a script on upload to re-amp a simple clean guitar riff or two for each profile uploaded automatically through a KPA and encode and upload the resulting file as an MP3 next to each profile, and offer tags, comments and voting on the profiles.

Or failing that if the site would provide a set of standard test signals that users could reamp themselves using the profile and add to the profile page.

Either way it would save a lot of time and browsing.

• It would be awesome if when a profiles site goes up eventually it would be attached to a server that would run a script on upload to re-amp a simple clean guitar riff or two for each profile uploaded automatically through a KPA and encode and upload the resulting file as an MP3 next to each profile, and offer tags, comments and voting on the profiles.

Or failing that if the site would provide a set of standard test signals that users could reamp themselves using the profile and add to the profile page.

Either way it would save a lot of time and browsing.

Wow!! Agree with you that it would be awesome, but to realize something like that yyou would at least need a VST version of the Kemper. Cannot see how to do it otherwise..

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Download every Profile and check them out for yourself....don't be lazy.
    It takes a few seconds to download the files, copy them to a USB stick and import into the Kemper.

One man's incredible Profile is another man's POS.
    Sometimes what appears to be a POS Profile turns out to be a gem after 30 seconds of tweaking just the EQ and Gain knobs.

If our laziness continues, pretty soon we'll be hiring a guitarist to come play for us whilst we sit on the couch playing with our IPhones listening to him playing through our gear. ;)

• Oh come now, that's a pretty facetious argument! Not downloading and checking them all out isn't about being lazy, it's about having time and being practical. Pretty soon there will be tens of thousands of profiles up there, and even thousands for each amp and mic combo. It's just not feasible to go through them all. Some of us have limited time.

There's no pride in stifling progress and certainly no integrity to be gained giving yourself more work than necessary by having to download and install a thousand profiles on a KPA to find the one that you like, you can't seriously be arguing that pushing fewer buttons on a computer would make you a lesser guitarist can you?

Computers are here to make your life easier and help facilitate creativity (and less time wasted) the KPA is proof of this. This is brand new technology and a brand new website, now is simply not the time to be a luddite and set in your ways already! Good GUI and workflow don't stop you from expressing yourself, but it's equally important to understand that they wont help you be a better artist either, good tool design is simply about not getting in your way. There is no way that a better website or interface for browsing KPA presets is ever going to have any impact on your ability or integrity as a guitarist (or person).

guitarnet70 - It wouldn't need a VST version, just a Kemper connected to a computer via an interface and the ability to upload profiles via USB (and not require a restart). But it would really help out to be able to hear roughly what a profile sounds like and see others reviews of the sound, especially given the time it takes currently.

• guitarnet70 - It wouldn't need a VST version, just a Kemper connected to a computer via an interface and the ability to upload profiles via USB (and not require a restart).

Well, that would give the download page the capacity to process 1 request every 30 sec at best (upload your dry track and stream it back through the KPA). With even only 5000 rigs uploaded (we are at 500 after 2 weeks...) and assuming the average visitor would screen up only 50 rigs/day before to get bored, all together gives the capacity to satisfy 57,6 visitors/day....if you go down at 10 sec/rig (impossible even if you have the KPA in front of you) then you are at 150 people/day. Squeezing it further and allowing only 10 rigs/person you'll end up at 750 people/day....

I really cannot see how to realistically maintain a service like this on a website without putting online a server able to run several hundreds of VST instances in parallel....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• We'll see what the flow is, but you're right it would be hard with a lot of profiles and for sure it would take a while to clear a backlog, but 500 for two weeks isn't all that much really, that's 1 every 40 minutes, have a couple of machines doing it if necesary and that should cover it. As I said though at the very least any site serving profiles should offer the ability for users to upload their own clips too (or allow them to reamp the preset tones using their own KPA), so that would take care of that.