Using distortion sense to compensate for DI output being too low?

• I noticed today while profiling a few (dirty) amps that the Kemper DI output is lower than just plugging the guitar directly into the amp. This was making the gain/input lower while monitoring the live rig through the kemper. It was very confusing at first as even though I could make an "accurate" profile, it wasn't matching the actual amp sound when I wasn't going through the Kemper. So, I turned up the distortion sense which gave me more output on the DI so that I was getting more of an accurate input level going into the amp. Is this normal or can one boost the output of the DI some other way? I'm running the very latest firmware (5x as of 12-1-16).

Dave
    music producer/guitarist
    4 room facility running Logic, PT and DP-
    Current amps-Kemper, Peavy C30, Fender Blues Deville- lots of pedals
    DBW Studio | YouTube | Facebook
    come and profile your amp at my studio!

• I think this must have been related to some weird "digital kemper voodoo" as the next day everything seemed to be working fine. I also did a test where I sent a sine wave through the kemper into my daw and then sent the same signal bypassing the kemper. There was only a tenth of a db difference between the 2 which isn't enough to cause what I was hearing the day before.

Dave
    music producer/guitarist
    4 room facility running Logic, PT and DP-
    Current amps-Kemper, Peavy C30, Fender Blues Deville- lots of pedals
    DBW Studio | YouTube | Facebook
    come and profile your amp at my studio!