First slot enabled/disabled button unlit SOLVED!!!

• Hello from Austria!

Have my KPA since three weeks and know most of the features - so I hope. Made lot of profiles of my own amps and got really useful results - good product - for sure!
    Used it with a 4x12 Marshall Cab as Monitor gigging Classicrock Program and was very pleased indeed.
    Realised Volume-Wah with one Mission Pedal - works great for my purpose :) .
    There is only one - mabey silly - question: Why is the"enable/disable button for the first slot in a performance unlit?
    And the name of the rig is only displayed correctly on the Kemper, not on the Remote.
    I hope, anyone will understand, what I mean :/
    Thanx for some "light in my darkness" 8o
    And dear Kemper guys: please increase the switching time of LEDs on the remote ...this would make your system more perfect than it is :thumbup:

All the best for all of you ... keep on rocking - Gerhard

• Wow, quick response!

Thanx, did not expect, that actually somebody read my thread in such a short time!!! :thumbup:

...by the way...my father spent a lot of his worktime by installing transformers for big electric powerworks near Katovice in the sixties :)

• There is only one - mabey silly - question: Why is the"enable/disable button for the first slot in a performance unlit?
    And the name of the rig is only displayed correctly on the Kemper, not on the Remote.

Slot disable allows you to reduce the choice of a performance without cancel a Profile in a Performance.
    That means you need only let's say 3 Rigs of a performance for any reason, than the Remote do not offer the Rigs which are disabled.
    Note: to enable a disabled Rig you have to use the Rig-Button on the KPA to adress the disabled Rig.

For display look at screen SYS page12/18 (softbutton 1) - you have 2 Option for display. Check and see the difference.
    I use "display A" because I want to see the effects of a Rig and which are activated. (Sometime the sight to the KPA can be disturbed)

Welcome and greetings from Upper Austria :)

• Hi, Sharry

danke erstmal - werd gleich schauen, aber was ich so probiert hab, lässt sich am Kemper dieser erste Slot eben nicht aktivieren - aber ich werd gleich noch mal schauen, auch mit der 2. Methode :rolleyes:

LG, Gerhard from Graz :)

• Hi Gerhard - You are right. First Rig in the Performance can not be disabled
    I never tried this ;)

Greetings - Harry

BTW: Let's stay in english in the international forum :) The majority here are not german speaker.

• Okay, sorry, let's stay english!

So - I meant, that the enable/disable button of the first slot is unlit, so it's impossible to decide, of or not - thaqt is the one thing.
    My problem is, that if I change a rig in slot 1, the display changes only on the Kemper, not on the remote - sound works perfect.
    You know, what I mean?

• I cannot varify this issue on my Remote.
    Did you check the other display mode, because in "Mode A" the changes are not so easy to see than in Display "Mode B." The changed rig name is in the 3rd Line with small letters.
    If there is no change you have to contact the support.

Ave musica - Harry

• Welcome Gerhard, the first slot of a performance always has to be active. So it cannot be disabled.
    You can make the Profiler show the rig names (I think it's in the rig menu).
    Otherwise the chosen name remains, because lots of users want names like verse, chorus, etc. regardless of the rig chosen.

• SOLVED!!!!

Thanx a lot Ingolf - that is the answer!!!!

After changing a rig in slot 1 you have to "edit - rename - use rigname" - bingo - then everything works!!!!!!

Many Greetz from Graz,

Geerhard