Cornford Harlequin - first version

• Hi!

I've trying to profile my Cornford Harlequin and i'm not happy with my first try. Lows and highs are very diferent from the reality (same amp and mic configuration in both cases).

The profiling process needs to be very loud? Or maybe it's a problem with refining and i need to refine the sound more than once? What do you think?

Here is my first test with reverb and delay:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3645952/Harlequin%20first%20test.mp3

Saludos!
    Paco

• I had a strange experience last week. We profiled an amp and after extensive refining it sounded totaly different from the amp. We tried it again after a reboot without changing anything in our setup. Again different sound, more volume, harsh, no bottom. After booting and profiling again we've got a profile which is not distinguishable from the real amp. FW 6972

• I've been finding profiling a bit hit and miss. Got a very accurate profile of my 1958 deluxe on clean, 2 volume in the low imp input. Tried out a profile on my 66 Vibro Champ and it worked out OK but although I pressed store I seem to have lost the profile. I made another at same volume and this was crap. I also got a huge overload on the output volume on the profile. I'm wondering if we could get a bit more guidance on the profiling process. Armin has mentioned sensitivity settings. Others have mentioned the effect of refining. Also how important is the choice of an existing rig to compare with the reference amp? Maybe I was using a reference amp with a lower clean sensitivity and that explains the problem. Have also been finding that profiling just a head through the line out of an attenuator is overloading the KPA input and I have to switch the volume knob down once profiling starts.

Vintage amp obsessive