Kemper froze and won't boot. Tried reinstalling an earlier OS but...

• I've experienced my first issue with the KPA.

I'd been using it for about 20 minutes when out of nowhere the screen froze. Everything was unresponsive. Buttons, knobs, everything. I turned the unit off, and it took about 10 seconds to finally power down, which is unusual. I've been using firmware 5.03, I believe. Anyway, I went through the usual procedures, such as powercycling, resetting, and so forth. Nothing seemed to elicit a different response. The KPA would start booting up, the progress bar would move to the end, but the version information (or any information) failed to display. It wouldn't actually boot up, though.

To make a long story short, I finally got the reinstall feature to work, but the KPA seems stuck at the booting and burning screen. The progress bar hasn't moved for about 8 minutes. How long does it take? I used an older firmware kaos.bin file, version 4.02.

Any ideas?

I'm worried that if I power it down at the booting and burning screen, it'll screw something up and I won't be able to access the feature again.