Ola Englund: Blind AB Mesa vs Helix vs Axe vs Bias vs Kemper

• Ola is well known for making all amps sound the same. So the test is not easy. :D I took it kindof serious, but not on my mastering monitors, but just on my surround system (JBL + Samson Sub) and got it 100% correct! 8) With one restriction, though: I could not hear a difference between Kemper and Mesa, so I wrote both in those 2 cases. Its really important to have the test *blind*. So our eyes cant betray our ears.

What I actually did was listening to the "warmth". A strange term, I know, but it worked. My order from cold to warm is:

Helix -> Axe -> Bias -> Kemper/Mesa

Having said that: When dialed in correctly I would not hesitate to use those candidates within a mix. Especially the Helix got much better than before, most probably due to excellent cabinet IRs. And in a mix I cant imagine to be able to hear which is which.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do not destroy your chance for the blind test by clicking the results too early! :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ne travaillez jamais.