Turn Effect Off at the end of Morph

• Hi, I was wondering (seems like it's a no), if it was possible to use morph and turn an effect off when the morph is finished.

Quote from Kemper Manual
    •  Generally, only continuous parameters can be morphed. Switches and selections cannot be morphed, as they wouldcause noticeable jumps in the sound.

But if it's at the end… (like turn off a Chorus) that wouldn't be different from pressing it or changing a rig, would it?

I know that for some effects (a delay? a chorus?) you can set the mix to dry or similar and it would essentially cause no "harm" in the signal, but some things are better if turned off (e.g. a compressor). Or rather, it would be more convenient.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

• Do you mean that turning the mix to zero in the compressor sounds different than turning it off?

I actually meant that, but didn't mean that (…) What I'm saying is that, yes, turning the mix to zero is likely the same as simply turning the effect off/on but in practice this may not be the same for you're altering the effect and if you want to turn it on (individually) you're suddenly in an awkward situation.

Say you morph a chorus to 0% mix (along with other parameters) and now you want to bring "just the chorus" back. If it were off, then you could simply turn it on again.

I don't know if this makes sense.

On the other hand (and this I don't know) having the effect turned on (even with mix = 0) is still processing the signal through the algorithm. I don't know how "smart" the Kemper is on this regard. Last but not least, I don't know if all effects are "easy to mix to 0".

I'm relatively new to Morphing, so excuse my silly questions.

• But be warned, the mix parameter does not always translate into FX off at 0.

You can achieve the behaviour you're trying to describe with some foot controllers. The Gordius Little Giant comes to mind. Can have FX turn on/off at toe or heel, or both.

Do you have examples where it doesn't work? I'm wondering because I haven't had the issue yet.

• Do you have examples where it doesn't work? I'm wondering because I haven't had the issue yet.

GreenScream, Some EQs, you can tell some things are not 100% transparent unless turned off, which was my initial concern. It may be a bug or I may be hearing things that aren't there, but give it a try.

• I tried it for the Green Scream and it's true. I can hear a difference between on and off even with Mix at 0%.
    However, it's very subtle and I wouldn't mind playing with Green Scream on and 0% Mix instead of having it switched off.

In this example, it is set to 0% and switched on and off by hand.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Try with pitch shift. From the manual.

"Mix
    Use this to blend the direct signal with the detuned signals. Set it to middle position for the lushest sound. With Mixturned all the way to the left, you will only hear the detuned signals on the left and right; this creates a spacialchorus, similar in sound to the Air Chorus."

And on micro pitch:

"Mix:
    Use this to blend the direct signal with the detuned signals. Set it to middle position for the lushest sound. With “Mix”turned all the way to the left, you will only hear the detuned signals on the left and right; this creates a “special”chorus, similar in sound to the Air Chorus. "