Recording Video + Audio

• I have been using GarageBand to do my recording and reamping... but I want to do some videos... is there a way in GarageBand or even a better software package that will allow you to record multiple audio tracks AND video at the same time?

• I have been using GarageBand to do my recording and reamping... but I want to do some videos... is there a way in GarageBand or even a better software package that will allow you to record multiple audio tracks AND video at the same time?

I'm not aware of such application. But why would you want one-for-all app?

You can record multiple audio tracks in your DAW and record yourself play on camcoder/camera onto SD card.

Then you can import recorded video track to video editor (I use Cyberlink Powerdirector) and import your audio track there and align them automatically using built-in feature so both video and audio (from different sources) are in sync.

• Yeah, different programs/applications to record, I'd think.

The old clapper trick can be used for aligning video and audio (clap your hand so you visually can align the point of the hands meeting with the sound of the clap - make sure it really IS visible).

The Reaper DAW can handle video as well and is dirt cheap.

Excellent advice, Michael.

• Yeah, different programs/applications to record, I'd think.

The old clapper trick can be used for aligning video and audio (clap your hand so you visually can align the point of the hands meeting with the sound of the clap - make sure it really IS visible).

The Reaper DAW can handle video as well and is dirt cheap.

In Cyberlink PowerDirector there is simple "Sync by Audio" button. What's more, if you have video clips from multiple cameras, there is also a tool to sync up to 4 video tracks.

[Blocked Image: https://s29.postimg.org/ccd02146f/sync1.jpg]

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Cool!! I guess it syncs the audio from the "real audio tracks" with the audio from the video track (eg. camera mic) or what?

Exactly @Michael_dk. Audio grabbed by camera mic is synced with audio that you could even record to line input.

Imagine, you record Kemper into DAW (not necessarily clean profile) and you record yourself with camera with microphone. Camera mic will capture just acoustic strings (if you don't monitor yourself) sound along with video stream.

Anyway both tracks can be synced with this function.