Are Transpose parameters possible via remote control?

• I'd love to be able to not only switch on transpose via foot switch but wonder if it is possible to change the transpose number of semitones via footswitch. Has anyone been able to assign that knob's parameters to the remote control? This would eliminate kneeling down to the Kemper on stage between songs.

Thank you

• HI @christeeters, welcome to the community!

What do you want to achieve? I quickly went through MIDI documentation and haven't found Transpose effect to be controllable in terms of pitch value.

Do you have multiple steps "up/down" in your song?

You may put in one slot "Transpose with pitch -1" and with another slot "Transpose with pitch -2" and toggle through them during song.

You may also create similar rigs with just different Transpose pitch values, and switch between these rigs.

Would it be sufficient?

• Thank you skoczy that information is very helpful!

I play in a revolving church band with different vocalists so we frequently change keys for songs (I create a performance for each song). I found if I just cut and paste the transpose feature for every performance rather than locking it, I can just save the key change a day or two before the set for each performance and that solves my problem! It is nice an entire set can be saved with different key changes. I find it's easier to play the songs with the muscle memory I have and just shift keys for different vocalists. Latency issues are not noticable. I've found when I used to shift positions for different keys instead of using transpose - there are times I need to hit lower notes that aren't available. I LOVE this feature of the Kemper. I hope they continue to refine it, but I can't imagine it getting much better other than reducing latency as much as possible.

Thanks again skoczy

Chris