Posts by christeeters

Hi, newbie question here. The sound out of my FRFR has a hum and feel it could be better. Is there a different type of cable I should be using from MONITOR OUT to my FRFR (Atomic CLR) input? I've been using just a standard guitar cable 1/4. Not a "speaker" cable or anything fancy. Wonder if this is a break in the chain. Thank you!

DXR-10

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your responses. I ordered a DXR10 and the Bose L1 Model II systems with B2 bass module. I'll A/B them all to find that ideal sound. Maybe I need to work the CLR a bit more, I just can't seem to get it to sound good across multiple styles. Like I said, great for heavy stuff, but not so good when running music through it, or playing Christian Rock stuff; even with significant tweaking.

I currently use the Kemper through Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones and it sounds so good I just can't get enough. When I play live with my church, the sound that comes out of FOH and in-ear monitors is very similar to what I hear in my headphones and I love it. I bought TWO Atomic NEO CLRs and they sound NOTHING like the headphones or FOH at the church. This is disappointing. I can get amazing sound for some metal and hard rock applications, but it just doesn't have that crunchy sparkle that I love with the other methods. I've read countless forums suggesting that I alter my Kemper to make the CLR sound amazing, but I don't want to do that (making two profiles for headphones vs. CLR for each application would be tedious). If the headphones and FOH sounds are colored, I really don't care. I just want that orgasmic sound from the headphones to be present in my amplifier/monitor situation. What would you suggest? I've looked into the Bose L1 system (Both the compact and the model II), but don't want to dish out a ton of cash if it doesn't sound amazing.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thank you skoczy that information is very helpful!

I play in a revolving church band with different vocalists so we frequently change keys for songs (I create a performance for each song). I found if I just cut and paste the transpose feature for every performance rather than locking it, I can just save the key change a day or two before the set for each performance and that solves my problem! It is nice an entire set can be saved with different key changes. I find it's easier to play the songs with the muscle memory I have and just shift keys for different vocalists. Latency issues are not noticable. I've found when I used to shift positions for different keys instead of using transpose - there are times I need to hit lower notes that aren't available. I LOVE this feature of the Kemper. I hope they continue to refine it, but I can't imagine it getting much better other than reducing latency as much as possible.

Thanks again skoczy

Chris

I'd love to be able to not only switch on transpose via foot switch but wonder if it is possible to change the transpose number of semitones via footswitch. Has anyone been able to assign that knob's parameters to the remote control? This would eliminate kneeling down to the Kemper on stage between songs.

Thank you

Hi everyone - I have the non-powered kemper with an active Atomic CLR (which I love). I have a classic Marshall JTM45 and Mesa Mark V that I want to profile my own amps/settings - however in the manual it suggests we do this with a powered head for faithful reproduction of the head through the cab. Well I don't want to sell my non-powered Kemper and buy a powered version, however I'd love to capture the amp and reproduce the profile accurately through my CLR FRFR monitor. Before I waste my time and cash on buying the Kemper Profiler DI BOX, I am wondering what your experience has been profiling your own amps with playback through an active FRFR system. Thank you!!! Chris

Hi everyone - I have the non-powered kemper with an active Atomic CLR (which I love). I have a classic Marshall JTM45 and Mesa Mark V that I want to profile my own amps/settings - however in the manual it suggests we do this with a powered head for faithful reproduction of the head through the cab. Well I don't want to sell my non-powered Kemper and buy a powered version, however I'd love to capture the amp and reproduce the profile accurately through my CLR FRFR monitor. Before I waste my time and cash on buying the Kemper Profiler DI BOX, I am wondering what your experience has been profiling your own amps with playback through an active FRFR system.

Thank you!!!

Chris