Advice on set up for extensive live use.

• Whats up guys? In a few weeks I am going to be getting a Kemper. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! While I think I know how I'll be running everything I just want to ask for some advice. So realistically I will be getting an unpowered unit, and be using a EV ELX112 powered speaker (I have two of these if I want to use two) as a stage monitor/cab to hear myself, and probably an FCB controller to switch between patches and turn effects on/off. I play out almost every weekend, and have a strong possibility that Ill be touring soon. 95% of the time my amp is miced so but I'm guessing with the KPA I will just run to FOH. My question is, will this be sufficient for live use? Also if by some chance I get a PowerHead or PowerRack, can I still use it with a powered speaker like I already have? Last question, is that if you had the choice, would you use a Powerheard/Rack through a cab of your choice, or would you use an unpowered unit through a powered speaker like the one I have? I know that Atomic, Mission, etc make great FRFR powered cabs, but they're a little out of my budget for now. Thanks again guys!!

• I have a powered toaster. Most of the time I have now a yamaha dxr10 for monitoring and go to FOH stereo with main outs from kemper. For fun and smal clubs in which I know about the crappy PA I have a real cab behind me. Won't miss all the options I have with the powered toaster.

• If the venue has their own monitors, id just use them and leave the rest of the gear at home. I know some people are weirdly super picky about their stage monitoring guitar "tone" but really, as long as you can hear your notes, it's good enough.

If for some odd reason a venue doesnt have any stage monitors, a single EV ELX112 will be fine for you to monitor yourself on stage - then you can loan the second ELX112 to the singer - if anyone benefits from good monitoring it's the singer! If you feel you need more volume to hear yourself than a single ELX112 can provide, your stage is way too loud and there are bigger issues at play.

Ive have a power rack for a few years and have used my Kemper with a guitar cab exactly twice. Much prefer a powered speaker as the cab imparts too much variance with different amp profiles (going from a clean Princeton to a rocking jcm800 sounds weird through the same cab speaker).

• Appreciate all the information guys! Just so I know for sure, it is okay to use a powered Kemper with a powered speaker, correct? And the band Im with right now is playing the country rock thing. Normal stage stuff. Drummer, a couple guitars on opposite sides of the stage, bass, and a singer. I usually have one side of the stage to myself. Right now I have my cab behind me so I can hear. Also, I know a lot of people who use the FCB midi board. Im assuming thats enough to switch between profiles and turn effects on/off during a show? Also, how does the kemper do when you run effects infant of it? I have a share wireless system thats also a tuner that I run infront of my amp now. I know that the Kemper has an effects loop, but I was just curious about running it in front if I wanted to.