Search for my dream tone!

• I'm working on a writing/mixing template for cubase and i'm struggling a bit with my guitar tone. I just got myself a kemper and I love it, but i'm after a specific kind of tone. I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction of profileles or ideas how to get this kind of rythm guitar tone.
    I think theres a certain resonance from the cab that I can't wrap by head around. The guitar is playing solo at 3.30 and forward. Thanks guys!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Another example from the same producer, 00.10:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi, short answer is that these samples are probably quad tracked over-processed takes with specific post mix, EQ, and FXs.

Don't expect to find a profile that will sound that way straight out of the box.

Anyway , maybe someone can identify the original hi gain amp ? I can't.

• Cool, thank you guys! Anyone know what kind of amp/cab I can use as a starting point? And what kind of processing can make the guitars sound that "gnarly"?

• I see this guy uses Kemper with VHT profiles live and it is VHT Pitbull on the album

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

Edited once, last by karlic ().

• I talked to Anthony from Red not too long ago before a show. He is using 2 Kempers in stereo live right now on tour.

He has used Mesa Dual Recs until the Kemper. The album tone sounds like they have some amps blended. Crank the bass. Hi-Pass all the really low lows. He doesn't run a ton of mids.

You can't really get that tone live as others have mentioned. Neither can he live - even with 2 Kempers. =)

There is a Triple Rec profile called Moth on RigEx. I changed the cab and did a major Post Studio EQ that gets something similar.

The bass player lives up the street from me. His tone live is better than the albums.