volume drops 2 sec when turning effects off

• when I turn the fx-button off, the volume drops a bit for about 2 seconds, then it returns to the previous level again. doesn't happen on every profile, but a lot of them. seems to help if I store the profile again efter turning it off (ie the rig is stored with fx off) if I turn it on again and then off, it doesn't change the volume. can anyone try this?

• can you guys try this?switch off the button for the fx-section when you have delay or reverb activated.. volume drops for about 2 seconds, then it returns to where it was... or is it only my unit :S

• thanx, I did a system reset and now it's gone :thumbup: it appeared after I used the volumepedal for the first time, now I'll have to setup the vol.pedal again and see if it comes back...

• nope, it's still there. the profile JCM slash is one of the profiles that has this.. seems to be only the reverb that does this. try this: switch off the reverb button on the jcm slash-profile while playing..the volume drops a bit and after 2-3 seconds it's back to normal again..weird ?(

• Just tried it on the JCM Slash profile.
    I don't get the volume drop at all when switching off Reverb or Delay.
    Are you using the stock profile (from ErikStam) or did you change anything (like cabs or something)?

• Ok I just remembered I changed reverb and delay settings so maybe it only happens with the stock rig.
    I'll reload it later and get back to you.
    In the meantime... anyone else getting this?

Btw, if I activate an effect (say a lush reverb) the signal gets a tiny bit louder (maybe 2 or 3 db's). So naturally, if I take reverb off, the signal looses those couple of db's again. But this is not what you mean, right?
    You really mean a noticable volume drop that stays for a couple of seconds and then noticably rises later, right?

• Ok I just remembered I changed reverb and delay settings so maybe it only happens with the stock rig.
    I'll reload it later and get back to you.
    In the meantime... anyone else getting this?

Btw, if I activate an effect (say a lush reverb) the signal gets a tiny bit louder (maybe 2 or 3 db's). So naturally, if I take reverb off, the signal looses those couple of db's again. But this is not what you mean, right?
    You really mean a noticable volume drop that stays for a couple of seconds and then noticably rises later, right?

yep, exactly....that was my first thought too, but then it wouldn't "normalize" itself, would it? no, I don't have a volume pedal connected. I'll try it with the pedal connected and see if that helps

• yep, exactly....that was my first thought too, but then it wouldn't "normalize" itself, would it? no, I don't have a volume pedal connected. I'll try it with the pedal connected and see if that helps

Yes, it wouldn't "normalize" itself, that's true. I'll try it later today.
    I wouldn't think a volume pedal connection would make a difference, as I don't have one connected either and it doesn't happen with my rig

• Hello! I just started preparing some recently purchased (TAF) Rigs for rehearsals, when I realized some (at least for me) new strange behaviour of my Kemper: Everytime I turn off the reverb, the overall volume drops for about 3.5 seconds, then gets louder again. Doesn't matter if I push the button on the front or use a footswitch. Checked most of my other actual live-rigs - they all behave this way. Searching the forum I found this old thread, where you exactly described this problem. So, may I ask: How did you solve it then? (Hope you did!)
    (I'm on the latest official firmware (2.01), using my Pod HD 500 to controle the Kemper.)

• Hello Don! Thanks for chiming in!
    I cannot name a few rigs, because it happened with all of my rigs. And yes, it happened also, when the Pod was not connected.
    I spent some time to investigate what could cause this. I knew, it didn't happen at the last rehearsals, but wasn't sure if it happend at the last two gigs. I may have not noticed it playing live, as I don't use reverb to often on stage, and instead of switching it off, I change the rig for the next part of the song most of the time.
    So I made a new backup of the status quo and than restored the latest backup. The problem was gone. Went back to the newest backup: Problem was there again. Took me while to remember what I had changed: Because my bandmembers kept telling me that my solos never were loud enough, I had not only changed the boost in the X slot to +5 db, but also dedicated the second (extern) expression pedal of the Pod HD 500 to Volume and locked it in the Rig menue to +4.0 Post Effects, just in case. (Just recieved an atomic CLR, so I never had to use such an additional volume boost since.)
    Now, when I turn off the volume pedal (Rig Menue, Volume Pedal Settings, Softbutton Location) every thing is fine, I can switch reverb on an off, no change of volume! Heureka! But, what I find even stranger: if I choose Location Pre Stomps or Post Stomps or even Pre Effects everythings works as expected as well! Only if I choose Post Effects, this annoying volumedrop thing apears.
    So, as long as you don't tell me this is a very fancy feature, too sophisticated for a simple rock guitar player like me, I suspect this to be a bug. Not a big issue for me now, I just changed the location of the volume pedal to Pre Effects, I don't notice a big difference. (And, as mentioned above, I may not even need this additional volume, now the CLR makes me audible everywhere on stage!)