Anyone have experience with Atomic FR WP?

• I had two of these years ago, active ones but nonetheless. This was before Atomic teamed up with Mr. Jay Mitchell and developped the CLR.
    The FR's are absolutely not on par with the current Atomic CLR line (which has been on top of the food chain for years now).
    All in all I don't think I can wholly recommend them.
    The in- built tweeter used to squeal a lot (but to be fair could be dialed down if needed be).

• I had two of these years ago, active ones but nonetheless. This was before Atomic teamed up with Mr. Jay Mitchell and developped the CLR.
    The FR's are absolutely not on par with the current Atomic CLR line (which has been on top of the food chain for years now).
    All in all I don't think I can wholly recommend them.
    The in- built tweeter used to squeal a lot (but to be fair could be dialed down if needed be).

Thank you, sir. I watched your Atomic/Yamaha comparison on Youtube.

Another product I am interested in is the passive Mission Gemini. I'm still deciding between 1x12 or 2x12, but I think I want a passive version in the end.

With the newer setups on the Mission it looks like the speaker elements are configured more like a traditional guitar speaker. Would this mean the cab would be possible to mic traditionally if need be? I know it sounds insane to want to mic a FR cab when you can just line out, but there are stage managers and FOH guys out here who are just as crazy...

• I had that speaker first when I got the kemper and I nearly returned the kemper because it sounded crap. I was convinced by people like @Ingolf to try the Yamaha dxr and I've not looked back since; that was about 3 years ago;)

• If you go Gemini Passive 212 with a Powerhead Kemper, you will only be utilizing one speaker unless you use an additional power source for stereo.

Very interesting. I really want to just go with the 1x12. Occasionally we play very loud bars with no PA support for instruments. I'm slightly worried about this scenario with a single speaker.

Ill be battling a guitarist with an analog rig, and a bassist with a vintage Sunn all tube amp. I have had no problems in the past with a 1x12 combo amp. I just need to "feel" what the FRFR feels like for myself, I guess.

• Sunshine, I know this because I'm in a similar situation. I contacted ME who provided the answer. I also spoke (email) with Mick at Xitone. His 212 is set up the same way. BUT Mick will wire the speakers in series for a total 16 ohms and thus allow for the utilization of both speakers with the mono Powerhead.

• Sunshine, I know this because I'm in a similar situation. I contacted ME who provided the answer. I also spoke (email) with Mick at Xitone. His 212 is set up the same way. BUT Mick will wire the speakers in series for a total 16 ohms and thus allow for the utilization of both speakers with the mono Powerhead.

I'm not completely in love with the form factor of the Xitone. I want something that looks more like a traditional cab.The Mbritt model looks close, but i'm looking for something passive.

Also, the ME cabs are priced much more attractively. Now that my amp guy/bass player wont have many amps to fix, i'm sure I can talk him into wiring the ME 2x12 for 16ohm performance. I'm tempted to just go with the 1x12, though.