Can anyone recommend a few tips with my setup

• Hi everyone,

Would appreciate if anyone who has had the kemper for a while could suggest if what I am doing is the way to go or if there's any tips or tricks to get a getter sound i have missed ect.

I am currently using an Apollo Twin with the XLR'S connected via main output. I don't see a spdif connection on the Apollo but a lot of people say it's not necessarily a better sound.

Overall I am loving the Kemper but sometimes i can't help but feel things profiles I have purchased still sound a bit Digital still.

Anyone suggest tips for settings anywhere that are important or just general recomendations would be really welcome

Thanks

• To be honest, the most important thing is finding profiles you like. I personally don't like 85% of Profiles on Rig Exchange. But there are some, that are magic! I made two Profiles of a VHT Pitbull myself the i really dig. And a JTM45 Profile from RE that is epic too.

Generally: Try to stick to EQ and Gain settings close to the profiles original values. I find that, especially with gain, going far from that starts to sound "digital". Have a look at the Pure Cab Option. This made a real difference for me.
    Also, i wouldn't straight away buy profiles. Since they are the integral part of your sound, i'd spend some time on RE and try the free uploaded ones. Get an idea of what you want a profile to sound like. After that you can look around for comercial profiles that suit your likings. I, for example, don't really like the M Britt Profiles. Most people think they are really great. They might be, but they are just not to my liking.

• Great IR's (cab sim) are #1 in getting rid of that digital sound.
    Get some great cabs.They're out there.

You can also try and EQ out the digitalness. The lie in the high frequencies.
    But a better cabs are always the best route.