additional output path - pre Stack

• I´d love to be able to send signal to a traditional guitar amp while using the KPA in a normal way, with the Stack section engaged.
    Right now we can send signal from pre stomps. Or we can send from various positions post stack, but we need to turn off the stack section because we don´t want to run an amp into another amp...
    A dedicated output path that is taken right before entering the stack section, ideally after the volume pedal in "post stomps" position, would allow us to use the KPA stomps through both the external amp and the KPA.

• I´d love to be able to send signal to a traditional guitar amp while using the KPA in a normal way, with the Stack section engaged.
    Right now we can send signal from pre stomps. Or we can send from various positions post stack, but we need to turn off the stack section because we don´t want to run an amp into another amp...
    A dedicated output path that is taken right before entering the stack section, ideally after the volume pedal in "post stomps" position, would allow us to use the KPA stomps through both the external amp and the KPA.

Why not place a loop in slot D and send the signal to the amp?
    Alternatively the direct/send output can be used to slave through your input signal (you need to set it to Git analog in the output menu). This signal will be without Stomps though.

• Why not place a loop in slot D and send the signal to the amp?Alternatively the direct/send output can be used to slave through your input signal (you need to set it to Git analog in the output menu). This signal will be without Stomps though.

That´s what I tried ;)

But I´m having the following problem:
    3 sec latency to switch off (the send of) the FX Loop?

I´m aware of the solution to route "Git analog" to the direct out. But as both of us mentioned it´s without Stomps.

Both suggestions, FX Loop in Slot D or "Git analog" to direct out, don´t include the volume pedal (in the post stomp position).

A workaround could be to put the volume pedal in form of the "wah pedal boost" (is that the name???) in slot C....but than another slot is lost ;(
    ....or maybe something with morph??...

• Hey Klipping (great handle)

This may seem obvious but have you thought about a guitar splitter? Something simple with buffering and isolation? Seems to be tons of them out there at various price points. This way you could feed both your KPA and amp (or pedalboard/amp) a nice clean guitar level signal and have no interaction, interference, ground loops, fluctuating impedance, etc.

Just a thought.

Did I mention ZERO latency?

Edited once, last by MLScola ().

• No problemo klipping,
    I recommended an anolog splitter because, in my experience, sometimes the simplest path leads to the best solution. There's some nice pedals out there for not a lot of money. I like your idea of two sources (KPA & real amp) so much that I might try it myself. Best of luck on your tone quest!

• Here's an update:

Forum member klipping had a great idea about driving an amp in tandem with the KPA. I liked his idea so much I got a Radial Switchbone (great ABY btw) and hooked it up to my 65 Amps Lil Elvis and my lunchbox. What a treat and ... here's the kicker. I downloaded a few Lil Elvis Profiles off the Exchange just to see how they would match up and they're really, really, really close. So close I was impressed with how amp-like the KPA is. And that's the BIG take away. Switching back and forth the KPA responds very much like the amp, it really is one hellaciously cool piece of gear.

Of course this was in my home studio at medium volume, using medium clean and crunch tones. I didn't test for hard overdrive or massive killer solo tones so take my opinion for what it is ... just another opinion.

I had big fun linking the famous Morgan AC20 and the Lil Elvis, where the two sounds together yields something different. I found similar sounds work better than wildly different ones, no surprise there, I guess. But it sure was nice to hear this experiment. The KPA rules!