Scuffham S-Gear

• Hi!

I'm currently using S-Gear for home practicing / recording. How does this great little plug-in compare to the Kemper PA? Anyone tried both? I'm interested in the core sounds / dynamics ...etc. S-Gear can really deliver some great bluesy / classic rock tones. I'm itching to try the Kemper PA, but it is a lot of money... I might buy one from Thomann and see for myself. How is the return policy? I guess I have to pay shipping both ways :))

• I have both and love both, what S-Gear has started is taken far further from Kemper. I have a couple of S-Gear profiles in my Kemper that sounds even better than the original. If you like S-Gear you're going to love the KPA. Thomann has 30 days return policy.

If you're not in Germany shipping is at your charge

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Thanks! These are encouraging comments.. I think I'll order one from Germany. If it turns out to be not quite what I expected, loosing only the shipping fee is a fair trade-off.

• Haha, we'll see :)
    Not so long ago I made a promise to myself of not buying expensive gear again... well, I just transferred some money to my account. :) I'm on a tight budget, but if this turns out to be so great, I can sell some stuff.

• Hope it met your expectations, for me it outperforms any gear I've owned in the past 30 years, including all tube stuff and rack systems...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hope it met your expectations, for me it outperforms any gear I've owned in the past 30 years, including all tube stuff and rack systems...

What tube stuff and rack systems did you own please ?

• What tube stuff and rack systems did you own please ?

Let's see if I can recall them all...

Fender: Champ, Deluxe, Twin
    Marshall: several JCMs, Plexi
    Carvin 100w combo (believe was X100)
    Mesa: studio22, Mark II, caliber50
    Peavey, and some other I don't remember anymore.

Rack: ADA mp1, Marshall JMP, Mesa Triaxis, old digitech and Rocktron stuff, almost everything from Line6... Lot of other stuff that has remained too short to still remember

• Thank you. So do you think KPA can exactly reproduce all these sounds ?

• Actually (for me) it can do everything even better and a ton more. Best gear purchase ever!...IMHO

• Thanks for all the encouraging comments. Got my Kemper yesterday!

So far I really love it! I had all kinds of digital gear before,
    including the AxeII, but its slowly getting clearer and clearer that
    this is the unit for me. It fits me better than anything else I have
    tried. When I try different rigs I really feel I'm playing different amplifiers.
    On the Axe I was just... meh, sounds good, but sounds like.. an AxeFX.
    This is really a breath of fresh air. There are a lot of bugs to be fixed though...
    I'll try 1.0.4 when I get home.

Oh, and a question: I have ordered through Thomann. My unit has the serial number sticker on the bottom of the chassis over-stamped with another sticker. Is it possible that they shipped me a B-stock? There are some minor cosmetic issues too, like small spots of bad screening, some imperfections around LEDs...etc. Nothing showstopper though.

Edited once, last by DanielRigler ().

• ...that sounds really like a b-stock, try adjusting the screen from the System menu, if those spots remains I would send it back...

• No, sorry LCD is fine, there are some issues with the paint on the front screen. But really not that big of an issue. I'm just curious because of the double sticker on the bottom of the unit.

• No, sorry LCD is fine, there are some issues with the paint on the front screen. But really not that big of an issue. I'm just curious because of the double sticker on the bottom of the unit.

There are 2 different serials? Check if it matches with the serial in the system menu (last page).

• I can only read the top one. But I have just contacted Thomann. Let's see what they say.
    Oh, by the way, I need to borrow a mic., so I can try to profile my Cornell Romany Plus. :)

Edited once, last by DanielRigler ().