Tweaking with headphones....works!

• One thing completely different with the KPA that I've noticed is that you can actually tweak with headphones and it sounds fantastic at volume through a PA...first time in my life that I experience something like that, I normally use to have different patches for headphone or gig....anybody feeling the same?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• One thing completely different with the KPA that I've noticed is that you can actually tweak with headphones and it sounds fantastic at volume through a PA...first time in my life that I experience something like that, I normally use to have different patches for headphone or gig....anybody feeling the same?

It's been a year since this post but I'm just curious if you keep feeling the same. What headphones do you use?

• I have the DT-880 Pro on a small Mackie mixer now and it still works. Some small adjustment on the Master eq is enough to compensate for stage and audience volume. I never touch my Rigs.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Don't get me wrong, I do check all my Rigs through PA and at volume, but after 1 year I feel comfortable using the global eq to adjust for venue/volume. Never failed. I must add that we always carry our own PA and it is a good one, this by sure eliminates a variable.

• +1 :)

Only thing that needs a little readjustment is the amount of treble. I've tried different (active) monitors. Normally you'll want to add some extra treble. The KPA is always sounding mellow an warm in this habitat.

Some kind of headphone filter for hearing rigs staright from the KPA would be appreciated though.

• Some kind of headphone filter for hearing rigs staright from the KPA would be appreciated though.

One more layer of filters doesn't help, imho. What exactly do you want to compensate with a headphone filter? Lack of a decent pair of headphones? No, I don't think so.
    Maybe you want to adapt the sound of your headphones to the sound of the venue and your PA etc.? No, sorry. You just need a pair of headphones that you're comfortable with and some experience with them. Phones Output should provide exactly what you get when recording. Otherwise you're getting into trouble quickly.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Phones Output should provide exactly what you get when recording. Otherwise you're getting into trouble quickly.

Don't think so. When I used the Axe-FX I always had a filter on for tweaking my livesounds with headphones. I activated the filter, tweaked the sound so that they sound good on the headphones, deactivated the filter for rehearsal/live use and the sound translated quite well.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar