Trying to get rid of excessive noise

• If am near my computer, I can get all kinds of awful noise, no matter what my guitar is plugged into. It gets much worse depending on the angle between the computer and the pickups. I wasn't sure what on the computer was causing it, but it may be my gpu fan, as well. I wonder if there is anything I could buy/make to stand on the floor, between the computer and me, to block out the interference.

If you can replace the fan - that would be ideal. On Macs it's non trivial - one of the downsides of everything getting smaller. With regards to shielding it - it's unlikely. You might be able to slightly improve it - but really shielding it would be a lot more trouble than it's worth I would guess. I looked at that possibility - but there's no real good way to do that. I figured I couldn't be the only person out there experiencing this. I can tell you it's soooooooooo nice to have the amp quiet now. Now maybe I can actually learn how to use it.

• If you can replace the fan - that would be ideal. On Macs it's non trivial - one of the downsides of everything getting smaller. With regards to shielding it - it's unlikely. You might be able to slightly improve it - but really shielding it would be a lot more trouble than it's worth I would guess. I looked at that possibility - but there's no real good way to do that. I figured I couldn't be the only person out there experiencing this. I can tell you it's soooooooooo nice to have the amp quiet now. Now maybe I can actually learn how to use it.

I was thinking a piece of wood with some shielding on it. I have a feeling that screwing with my video card fans would probably end up with me getting a new video card, after I broke it. It isn't really bothering me that badly -- especially since I'm not trying to do anything important. I do appreciate the tip, though.

• I don't know what kind of computer you have - so can't comment succinctly - i can tell you that EM is not easy to handle - period. If you can manage to put a conductive screen around your card and tie it to a ground - there's a good chance that would improve things. There was no way at all for me to do that.

• I don't know what kind of computer you have - so can't comment succinctly - i can tell you that EM is not easy to handle - period. If you can manage to put a conductive screen around your card and tie it to a ground - there's a good chance that would improve things. There was no way at all for me to do that.

It's a homemade pc. Maybe I'll look into that. Since I got the Kemper, though, I haven't really accomplished much =)