2-way switch latency?

• Good morning guys :)

I have just purchased the original profiler 2-way footswitch from the store to switch up&down (left&right actually :D ) slots in performance mode (it's enough for me at the moment) and to use the loop station at home.

I notice a little latency when switching between slots: not sure how to quantify this time, but it feels delayed and not immediate, maybe around 1/10 or 2/10 seconds. If I rapidly push the button down and up it feels like the slot switches when I'm releasing, it's hard to explain :(

Thought analog switches being the fastest and nearest-zero-latency ... I just wonder if this is normal and I have to get used to it (it's my first switching experience with the kemper, i'm used to classic od pedals) or maybe something is wrong. Maybe the remote has better latency and response? Did somone compare analog switches with remote?

Thank you in advance :)

(P.S.: Running 5.1.1 release with powerhead)

• If you connect the original Profiler switch, make sure you select Mode "Profiler Switch".

If you select "Dual Switch" instead and leave "Polarity: Normal", that setup is prepared for an opener switch, while the Profiler switch is closing the contact momentarily. So with that setting and wrong polarity, the Profiler will switch when you release a button, not when you press a button.

• It takes a bit of time to load the other Slot. In current software - which you are obviously using - and especially in Performance Mode that time to load another Slot is already optimized.

Check out the parameter Rig X-Fade Time in the System Settings. This will not reduce the time to load another Slot, but smoothen the sound change.