Running into FOH and In ear mixer at the same time?

• Hi! I'm kinda lost with this one. I've been mainly using my kemper with a power amp/cabinet but now i want to move away from that and go direct.

Whats the best way to connect kemper into FOH and run in ears through mixer(behringer xair) at the same time? Is it possible to use both xlr main outputs as mono at the same time? So left xlr would go to FOH and right xlr into behringer. Or do i need to use 1 jack output + one xlr to run it? is there other ways to do it? How i should setup my output block for this?Thanks !

• Why go mono when the stereo effects on the Kemper are so great? There are multiple ways to feed the stereo XLR to FOH and your IEM Mixer at the same time. I use a x32 and which allows to route the guitar left and guitar right signals to an XLR output pair for the FOH, while using the aux outs for my IEM Mix. If your mixer does not have enough outputs you could also use an inexpensive Splitter...

• I go left and right XLR's to desk , then monitor out to a separate channel on the desk.This line then feeds back to my in ears along with my vocals etc... This allows me to EQ it independantly and change volume without affecting FOH.

Edit - I sometimes take the other side out of the Direct out and send to desk as stereo to get stereo monitoring to ears also.

Edited once, last by Robman ().

• Hi!

You can go to FOH using the Main outs, and to your In Ear system the headphone out
    Advantages:
    - You can put some "Space" on the in ear only without affecting the mains.
    - You still have the monitor out left for driving an FRFR or guitar cab.
    - You could plug your monitor signal coming from the FOH to the aux input of the kemper and blend it with your guitar directly in the kemper going the headphone out, without the need for an additional mixer.
    Thats how I got rid of every additional monitor mixing device.

Sebastian

• ...- You could plug your monitor signal coming from the FOH to the aux input of the kemper and blend it with your guitar directly in the kemper going the headphone out, without the need for an additional mixer.
    Thats how I got rid of every additional monitor mixing device.

Sebastian

Same here. I feed the FOH-Mix into the Aux and Return. But don´t forget to mute the signal of your guitar that´s coming back from the desk. You can get some phasing issues.

• This is my preference as well.

• My solution: Monitor out and send set to Main left and right in the menue to feed the mixer controlled by the master volume.

Then you could use the headphone out as the iem Signal with the possibility to use the eq without affecting the main Signal
    or:
    send the Stereo Monitor Signal from the mixer back to the Kemper aux Inputs and mix your iem in the Kemper

• " You could plug your monitor signal coming from the FOH to the aux input
    of the kemper and blend it with your guitar directly in the kemper going
    the headphone out, without the need for an additional mixer.
    Thats how I got rid of every additional monitor mixing device."

I don't understand this, Do you mean the " Alertnative input - With the "AUX" input of the Kemper ?
    The manual says " Even when input source is set to " Alternative input , it won't work when a cable is still connected to the front (guitar) input?

Edited 6 times, last by Dorrus ().