Add Stomp/effect management to Rig Manager

• It sure would be great to be able to manage stomp/effects as easily as the rigs using rig manager.

Like rigs, being able to complete the following tasks for effects would make effect management so much easier:

List effects (visually and export to csv so can be printed from excel)
    Sort list by name, type
    Rename, Copy, paste, delete, load, export from effect repository
    Rename, Copy, paste, delete into slots of performances

A bonus feature of previewing the effect would be nice too, but the above features are more critical as far as I'm concerned.

I think it would be great if rig manager was the one consistent place to go, instead of sometimes being able to use rig manager and sometimes having to use use the usb.
    ;)

• In addition to requesting the integration of effect management to the rig manager software, I also have noticed some difficulties I have being new and trying to navigate and learn the effects with the current effects interface.

For managing effects from the Profiler lcd display, I think there could be some enhancements that would make lcd display effect management much more user-friendly.

As far as I can tell the only current way to manage effects is to hold down a stomp/effect button until it blinks and entering the effect edit mode.

1. First of all I think there should be a starting point for general effect management other than in the middle of editing a rig or performance. I think having a mode on the main chickenfoot knob for "effect library" would be great, (added to the Power, browser, perform, profiler knob.) That could take you to a base LCD display page for managing the installed effects. I am thinking of the core effects as a library from which you can select templates to associate with rigs or stack templates. I think what is missing is a dedicated page which is used to manage the core effect library,. The process of adding library effects to rigs and performances is pretty well covered, however #2 and #3 below could enhance those parts of the interface as well as in this new proposed "Effect Library Management Page." Management features such as: browsing (with sorting and filtering,) copying, renaming, deleting, setting default pedal/button assignments, changing favorite tags, default parameters, loading, exporting, effect backup, effect restore and whatever other effect library management features that are appropriate.

2. The behavior of browsing by Type or Browse knobs where as you scroll, if you pause for more than a second or so it selects the highlighted effect, leaves the effect and returns to the effect parms screen. I'm not sure about others, but I find this very inconvenient, especially since I am new to the unit. I find myself scrolling, reading, comparing the short effect names or type descriptions and pausing to consider which ones might mean what, and then the list goes away and I have selected something when I really was just taking my time to read and compare to other names. Then I have to interrupt my thinking process, twist knob to redisplay the list and hopefully see what I was looking at and start the thought process again. In the rigs browse list there is a soft button "Autoload" that you can unselect so the rig browse list stays where you leave it until you hit the "load" soft button. Doing that for the effects list would be great.

3. It would be most helpful to have a printed list of effects by Type and a list of effects by name that I can reference, so I know where something I am looking for is in the list relative to where my browsing cursor is. For example if I am on "Comp Soft" I would like to be able to reference a documentation list and know that "FLA 1way Default" is X number of pages to the right... If I had a way to get the current effect by type or name lists of effects loaded into my unit, then #2 above wouldn't be a big deal, I could simply look at the documented lists while I am planning or thinking, comparing or trying to remember which descriptions are for what sounds. If effect management was added to rig manager, then one could simply click on the "effects" collapsible control and see or copy and paste the list somewhere, like you can do with rig collections in rig manager.

4. I also see that the problem of sorting by name and not type has been recognized and is on the radar! Perhaps, similarly to the rig browse list, adding a sort soft button to the effects lists page would help implement the fix to that problem.

5. It would also be great to add a "Favorites" and other criteria filtering function for effects that acted the same as in rigs, where one could filter the effects list and see "all" effects or "my" effects or "Favorite" effects.