Free BE100 Rig - Pickup Test - Please Participate - Scorpions Rock You Like a Hurricane

• Th wilkinson is in a less Paul the other two are in Alder Strats. This is really interesting as I didn't touch or modify the Profile with any EQ and this leads me to conclude/Confirm that the amp is the largest contributor to the actual tone. This by no means minimizes the clear difference in tone with the type of guitar, the Less Paul type guitar has a distinctive growl that can't be duplicated by strats with humbuckers. The good thing is that they're almost all in the same ball park except for the Barre knuckle pickups. They seem to have a unique thick bottom sound unless the profile was modified with EQ.

Thanks for doing this, it's fun and enlightening. I might end up buying more pickups :D

The Fretking Geoff Whitehorn also features Wilkinson pickups (as it's Trevor Wilkinson that owns the Fretking brand). :)

• I definitely like the sound of those bare knuckles, sounds powerful and chunky but still clear with good definition. I know Gary Moore used bare knuckles and now I'm realizing why/

They are pretty good. Definitely worth to take a look at Bare Knuckles.

• Suhr DSH+ - Gibson Les Paul

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

DiMarzio Fred - Ibanez JS1600

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Guitars used:
    Mark Holcomb PRS SE with Seymour Duncan Alpha Omega
    Schecter C-1 Classic with Fishman Fluence Classics
    Jericho Edge 8 Premium with Tosin Abasi SIgnatures

• I finally went with the Godwood for the Les Paul Studio, great recommendation! Brought this guitar to life.

Here is a quick lead clip: