New user. Confused here

• All

Just got my profiler.

I used to have a Fractal. So far the Kemper sounds killer. Here is where I am confused, and cannot find an answer

With the Fractal, you search through amps

It seems like with the Kemper you go through rigs.

What I am looking for is just the amp. Nothing else. I am running a powered head into a 2X12 cab.

Is there a way to have the Kemper just give me a list of amps? Plus, the names of the rigs/profiles isn't obvious to what the amp is

Thoughts?

I would appreciate any feedback

Curt

• The Kemper is designed to operate on rigs that include everything between the guitar and the mixing/recording desk.

You can however use the lock-function to turn off the stomps and effects sections. Then you are only listening to the raw amp-profile when browsing. With a powered head and traditional cab you also turn off cab-sim on the monitor/speaker output.

The KPA can give you a list of amps if you hold the amplifier-button a few sec, then turn the browse knob. This list is rather short though, as few amp profiles are stored separate from rigs. Most rigs do however contain unique amp-profiles.

Rigs are named by their creators. Initially rigs were mostly named according to the amp used, but amp manufacturers didn't approve of that once reviewers started to report that the KPA in many cases is indistinguishable from the real thing.

• Running a 2 x12 you have a couple of options:

Choosing DI rigs which are profiles without a cab or merged which provide DI rig from the speaker output
    Removing the cab by using Monitor cab off ( as a global setting). As cabs have a "smoothing effect", this is not as noticeable as you might expect.

Rig is the term to state the collective aspects which include the cab and effects. which may have been part of the original profile.

Most rigs have a name similar to the amp name so you should be able to find what you need.

Let us know how you get on! Not having owned a Fractal, I think once you get used to the terms and navigation, you'll find it easy to get what you want from the Kemper compared to the Fractal as the layout is very straight forward.