El Capistan Style Delays

• Strymon pedals seems to be the hip shit right now. I got my Kemper recently to not have pedals other than the remote and expression pedal.
    I found the first one audio sample very delicious and I wonder if I can replicate this effect using the eternal effects from the kemper, with all the flutter and dirt:
    http://www.strymon.net/elcapistan/

Thank you for your help!

• Hi brother, OS 5 brought all this goodness, are you using an older OS?

My El Cap gathers dust now these days, only still have it because I'm too lazy to list it on EBay.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I have an El Capistan and haven't used it for a good long while. All the delays of the Strymon pedal can be done with the KPA's OS5 algos and then some. The sound may be a hair less authentic when it comes to the Tape Crinkle parameter of the El Cap, but the flutter options available will certainly get you far enough there that you won't notice unless you're ABing directly. It's just slightly more work to get there using the KPA, as there is more than one parameter to tweak.

• I have an El Capistan and haven't used it for a good long while. All the delays of the Strymon pedal can be done with the KPA's OS5 algos and then some. The sound may be a hair less authentic when it comes to the Tape Crinkle parameter of the El Cap, but the flutter options available will certainly get you far enough there that you won't notice unless you're ABing directly. It's just slightly more work to get there using the KPA, as there is more than one parameter to tweak.

I played with it yesterday and couldn't find a setting that I really liked. Also I wasn't sure which delay type I should choose. What settings do you normally use? Thank you for your help!

• I played with it yesterday and couldn't find a setting that I really liked. Also I wasn't sure which delay type I should choose. What settings do you normally use? Thank you for your help!

Depends. What kind of delay are you trying to achieve? Slap? Long delay? With/without modulation/degradation? Multihead?

• I'll get back to you tomorrow:)

OK, so here is a quick "get in the ball park" Rig for you @ServusJon :)
    It sounds much better in person! You should probably reduce the feedback parameter in the delay and the delay/reverb mix to get it spot on.

EDIT : removed Rig. Check two posts down!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 3 times, last by sambrox ().

• So I couldn't resist tweaking some more. This new Rig should be a bit closer. You really have to try it and hear it for yourself, though. Bump up the mix and the Grit parameter in the delay for a bit more dirt (I was being a bit conservative with it).

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

EDIT : removed Rig. Check next post!

Edited 3 times, last by sambrox ().

• Hahahaha last tweak, I swear! I had my main out set wrongly, so I couldn't hear that the delay was in mono! Anyway, here's an updated Rig and vid :