Volume issues

• I have a Kemper profiler rack unpowered. My rig is the Kemper through 2 Crown xls 2502 power amps to 4 Marshall 4x12 cabinets. The issues I am having are the following: Output from the guitar I can only turn my volume about half before it completely breaks up and sounds like crap both without speakers and using speaker simulator of the unit through monitors or headphones. Setting volume levels for the unit. I use a rhythm channel at normal band volume and then a lead channel that is boosted at higher level to cut through the band live. I don't know what is happening but I seem to lose the volumes and each preset in my performance is playing a the same level. When I first started using the unit I was able to have different levels but when I try and set it up for different performances I can not recreate what I did before. I think it might have been dumb luck.

Thanks for any assistance anyone might be able to provide. I need a Kemper guru!

• Did you check the input settings especially clean sens? IIRC perfomance mode has its own settings independent from browse mode.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Check colour of the input and/or output LED. As long they are green you have to reduce the volume in the output menue.
    A typical setting of the main output is -18dB. (I use -24 dB)
    Note the figures of dB are not corresponding to the figures you normally see on a Mixer-scale.
    If the colours of above mentioned LED's become yellow or red, than at least one volume setting in the signal chain is to high.

As far I understand you use extern Cabs - so switch off "cabinet" in the effect section for each Rig (See documentation how to lock this setting)