InEAR active ambience with sensaphonics or acscustom

• There have been a couple of threads in this forum regarding getting a natural guitar sound, when using InEARs.

A lot of InEAR manufacturers offer drilling holes in their systems on demand, in order to get some ambient sound from the stage. But this lowers the insulation from the stage noise in general. It is not possible to control the level of ambience.
    I have found two InEAR brands that offer a system with little condenser mics in their EAR pieces. The signal of this mics can be mixed with the actual monitor mix as needed.

acscustom.com/uk/products/in-e…em/live-ambient-processor
    or this one:
    sensaphonics.com/3d

What the manufacturers say sounds somewhat like this:
    „The proprietary binaural microphone system we embed in our custom silicone earpieces captures the ambient on-stage audio in full surround, just like a pair of ears. That ambient signal is sent to a bodypack mixer, where it is combined with the monitor mix, controlled by the user.
    When using the 3D, guitarists can hear their amps directly.

Looks quite interesting. The problem as with all custom InEARs: its difficult to test before buying.
    It would be cool to find somebody who has tried it.

Is anybody using a system like this?

• Sounds great, but only if there's no significant lag. I have a pair of Bragi Dash earbuds that have a built-in mic to use when street cycling for example, where being unable to hear that 18-wheel truck closing in might not be the safest thing, but I've noticed that there's a slight lag in the sound. Doesn't matter in that instance, but it would certainly mess with my playing if I was relying on it to hear my amp onstage.

• Sounds great, but only if there's no significant lag. I have a pair of Bragi Dash earbuds that have a built-in mic to use when street cycling for example, where being unable to hear that 18-wheel truck closing in might not be the safest thing, but I've noticed that there's a slight lag in the sound. Doesn't matter in that instance, but it would certainly mess with my playing if I was relying on it to hear my amp onstage.

I absolutely agree. thats one of the reasons why i would like to talk to somebody who is actually using it on stage.

Regarding the "Bragi Dash": i have seen that system too and i was wondering if the future of inEAR monitoring might come from consumer electronics.
    Does this system work "stand alone" or do you need some kind of bluetooth connection to another device?

• I absolutely agree. thats one of the reasons why i would like to talk to somebody who is actually using it on stage.
    Regarding the "Bragi Dash": i have seen that system too and i was wondering if the future of inEAR monitoring might come from consumer electronics.
    Does this system work "stand alone" or do you need some kind of bluetooth connection to another device?

It works standalone as well as via bluetooth. There's 4GB storage on them for music.

• I don't get it. Just use ambient mics maybe even in stereo if you use stereo IEM. If all of you use IEM feedbacks won't be a problem.

That

Plus, the sound through the digitale desk and the sound through the air will both have different latencies and thus comb filtering