Feedback on High Gain Rigs

• Hi,

I'm having issues with my KPA running either a Tele or a Strat (I suppose any other single coil guitar - but only those!) through high gain rigs.
    I have a noise gate on all of the rigs, gain is around 8.0 on most of them. I play on an unpowered KPA through a regular active Monitor.

The problem is: Whenever I play for around 3 minutes (not from the beginning) on high gain with either of these guitars, I experience extreme feedback (feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep).
    This does not occur when playing on clean channels and not with my humbucking guitars.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to fix this!

Best regards,
    Manu from Gentle Gent

• You should use gate stomp, not the front noise gate for feedback issues.

Front noise gate removes hum and hiss while trying to preserve the dynamics of playing.

The 4:1 and 2:1 noise gate stomps just cut almost everything below a certain threshold.

• Thanks to both of you!

I actually didn't know how to use the front noise gate that removes the him of the guitar. My guess is that that noise got filtered out in the beginning, but at some point it reaches, amplified by gain, normal "picked note level" and goes through the 4:1. Pretty disturbing..

Now that I have adjusted the front noise gate for each guitar in each song, it works perfectly fine.

Best regards and thank you,
    Manu