Free rig from ENGL Powerball DI Profiles pack

• Hi,

I'm planning to release a DI profile pack of the ENGL Powerball (first edition with the improved gate).
    The pack will have 3 clean rigs and 16 rigs with distortion on all 4 channels covering all Powerball functions such as focussed-channel, bright, bottom boost.

However, I'd like to share a preview with the community here to give it a try before I will release the pack.
    It's a DI profile so you can use your own CAB profile on it.
    This profile is of channel 3 (LoLead channel) with a Maxon OD808 for extra boost.

I'm sharing this rig with the community so anyone interested can try this profile.
    In return I'd glad to receive you comment. Any comments are welcome.
    Also, would you be interested in the whole pack?
    Just let me know.

I've put some sounds together in a small demo.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

• Hey @MetalMauce, thanks for sharing this!

I just downloaded it and gave it a try with a few cabs from Sinmix, Tonehammer and from Till's cablab. Sounds pretty good to me! I am no metalhead, more of a hard rock player... still, getting great tones by turning the gain down just a tad. I'll see if I can hook up a real cab to give this a try also.

Are you planning on doing only high gain, or cover some lower gain territory as well?

Thanks again,

- ben

• Thank you for your feedback. Nice to hear the rig works for you.
    The plan is to capture all channels (clean, crunch, lo gain and hi gain) so you'll be fine with the pack.

• I've put a short improvisation together to demo some sounds (including crunch and clean).
    Only 1 guitar, no backtrack, no extra stomps, just a bit of delay and reverb.
    And since it's a DI profile I had to add a CAB profile, in this case a Mesa 4x12 (v30)
    I think this is a very underrated amp, it is a very versatile amp.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.