Direct Out Saturated

• Hello community !

I'm proud to join the team, this lil' monster sounds great !

BUT....

I can't get a clean DI sound !

Playing my guitar into the front input.
    Direct Out/send plug into my RME fireface 802 line in.
    Input sensibility from kemper -12.....
    I tried with RME input switched to low gain
    nothing change....

I see a Direct Out Level pot into output menu but it looks bypassed I can't change the value

I'm using "Guitar Studio" as DI output, but tried them all and still get a small "fizz" sound when strumming hard on strings

Could somebody help me ?

Thanks
    ;)

• On the RME-side which input do you use? Front or rear? If front: TR/TRS or XLR? If XLR chances are that you're activating a mic preamp and getting a hotter signal.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Git Studio delivers a line level signal. You cannot change that level in the output menu by design.
    If you get sonic artefacts on hard picks you are either clipping the input of your audio interface or the input of the Profiler. In the later case you should notice the input LED on the Profiler going into the red when you pick real hard. In that case i would suggest that you check the setup of your guitar pickups. Maybe they are too close to the strings.

• Problem solved this morning.....I turn my kemper on, and no more clipping.....
    Nothing changed since yesterday

I'm a confirmed sound engineer so I was pretty sure the problem came frome the kemper not from the audio interface or protools (tried to plug gtr direct into my fireface, no clipping).

Weird......

But thanks for your answers guys ! ;)