Custom Install Paths? (Win7x64)(FR?)

• Hi!
    I installed Rig Manager on My Win7x64 machine. I prefer to avoid installing to the default ../Program Files/ and/or ../Program FIles (x32) directories, and instead install to directories I created for certain types of programs. In this case, I have a ../MusicApps directory that I would prefer to install RIg Manager to. Further, I prefer to have any user data (rigs, perfs, IRs, etc) saved to another user specified directory. I like My OS drive/partition to be as clean as possible, opting to store as much user data (audio, video, photos, etc) on one of My other drives.

I would even be content to have Rig Manager installed to one of the drives I use for sample libraries, and then use a subdirectory of that install for My user data (rigs, perfs, IRs, etc).

I am not sure if this is already possible or not. While installing, the dialogue stated I could change install path, but there was no way I could find to do so, so I assumed it was simply a bit of "stock" dialogue that was used for the installer in this case. If this is not currently possible, then I would humbly present this as a Feature Request please, with the reasons for it as I stated in this post.
    Thanks, hope I explained it properly!

Heather :)

Kemper Rack

• you can use a SymLink to move user data to another drive. Rig Manager itself does not offer an option for that.

Perfect answer! :thumbup: But... I actually already have a junction for ../Kemper Amps :D

I wish more people knew about things like that. I got very lucky (and unlucky) in that My Dad got a job as a computer programmer back in 1968, and he had to work crazy long hours. So, like most things he liked, I also took an interest, initially as a way to spend more time with him (ah, Saturdays I was able to go to work with him... floor panels pushed aside for maint on cabling, rows of tall drives whirring away). Computers made more sense to Me than most humans. Many trees and animals too, HAhAHa! (remains true today ;) ). Coding of any kind, any language is, like for most I imagine, total love/hate <3:cursing: .

Anyway! I hope they eventually provide an option to customize the install paths. And if anyone needs/wants help with creation a SymLink/Junction, feel free to ask here! :thumbup:

Heather :)

Kemper Rack