SoftStep Controller + KPA with USB

• Anyone know if it will be possible to plug in the SoftStep someday into the USB port of the KPA, and use it as a controller without having to use It's Midi Expander box? I guess SoftStep needs to be powered by USB, so that will complicate things, but it sure would make a nice little setup, I'm sure Mr. Kemper and Mr. McMillen could make this happen if they wanted to :)

• From various threads I've read, the answer is no. the USB only supports a memory stick today. Perhaps a future update will add MIDI-over-usb capabilities but I seriously doubt it. The Soft Step has a usb-to-MIDI converter box for use with 5-pin MIDI standalone operation. I think Keith McMillen blew it when he made the Soft Step usb only. He should have made a 5-pin version....I'd own one.That goofy box adds to much complexity and bulk to a wonderful idea.

bd

• I think Keith McMillen blew it when he made the Soft Step usb only. He should have made a 5-pin version....I'd own one.That goofy box adds to much complexity and bulk to a wonderful idea.

bd

I agree with you 100%, it's such a nice little controller that could sell well, very lightweight which for me is a must due to flying all the time, but don't want to bother with extra midi boxes which would probably get lost easily and other cable adapters etc just to do basic program changes in my case, hope someone builds something similar but with a Midi out, and maybe battery powered.