Volume/Wah looses gain/signal level after using volume function

• Hi,

I found out that my rigs where I have set my expressionpedal to combined wah and volume with wah set to bypass@stop.
    I thought this is a nice feature because you can have to pedalfunctions into one physical pedal.
    However, it turned out to be not that nice working ....

So when I disable the wah (with the stomp button on the remote) my expression pedal works as a volume pedal nicely.
    However when switching the wah on again the sound gets less gainy as if the guitar signal level had been dropped.
    There is no way to fix this but to reboot the KPA and switch back to the rig, untill I switch off the wah again and the same happens.

So far I noticed this only with rigs using high gain distortions, but I think this would happen to any gain level but gets more noticeable the more gain you use.

Anyone else that has the same experience and has a solution for this issue?

• By the lack of response I guess I’m the only one having this issue .... weird dunno what to do next other than disabling the volume/wah combination and use it only for one of the two dedicated.

• Just a thought ... where is the volume pedal in your signal chain; pre stomp, post stomp or pre fx? (In Rig - page 3 'location')
    If it is pre stomp then there's a possibility that when you switch TO Wah there will be less gain if the volume pedal wasn't flat out.
    FWIW, I always have my volume pedal pre effects and don't suffer this problem. Andy

• Just a thought ... where is the volume pedal in your signal chain; pre stomp, post stomp or pre fx? (In Rig - page 3 'location')
    If it is pre stomp then there's a possibility that when you switch TO Wah there will be less gain if the volume pedal wasn't flat out.
    FWIW, I always have my volume pedal pre effects and don't suffer this problem. Andy

I've got it set to 'pre stomps'