Power amp to pair with KPA?

• Hey guys. I'm getting a KPA soon, but I can't afford the powered version so I was wondering what power amp I should get to go with it when I can afford to get one. I was going to go with a Rocktrom Velocity 300 but I'm worried it'll be too much for my 2x12 to handle since it can only handle up to 140 watts.

GEAR:
    (Soon) Kemper Profiling Amp
    Jackson King V STD (Discontinued)
    Jackson DK-2 (Discontinued)
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12
    Blackstar ID:15
    Orange Crush 15R (Discontinued)
    Jackson RRX10D (Discontinued)

• Soundwise the Rocktron does not benefit from being pushed to the limit, so you might just use it carefully?

You might want to have a look at this machine, too:

https://www.thomann.de/de/harley_benton_gpa_400.htm

Owned it and still did, if I wouldn't have gone active.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, I guess I could just use it carefully, I'm just overthinking ruining my speaker cab, I guess. I actually mostly settled on getting an ISP Stealth Ultra Lite power amp that'll just fit into the back slot of the Kemper. Unless there's a reason absolutely not to go with it. But as I said, thank you for the suggestion, have a good day.

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• The stealth will work fine for sure, maybe have a look at the power supply before purchasing. I don't know that particular one but I was using the EH Magnum 44 pedalsize poweramp for some time. While it was working fine, the power supply was larger than the pedal itself.

Good day for U2.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• The stealth will work fine for sure, maybe have a look at the power supply before purchasing. I don't know that particular one but I was using the EH Magnum 44 pedalsize poweramp for some time. While it was working fine, the power supply was larger than the pedal itself.

Good day for U2.

Well to be fair, it is a relatively tiny pedal. The ISP Stealth Ultra Light is about the size of a small hand according to images on google so I don't imagine the power supply being much bigger than that. How is that EH poweramp? I had considered getting one years ago and I have a fuzz pedal that I'd like to be able to use more, maybe I could have a little pedal rig haha.

EDIT: I seem to be wrong, according to pictures it comes with a power brick and cable to attach to said power brick. Still, not a problem at all, really.

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• How is that EH poweramp?

I used it with a Vox Tonelab, before I got the KPA. It did the job well, was loud enough along with a loud drummer. Fairly clean til you push it hard, than it adds some own distortion. I then went for an Engl Preamp with external fx, using the poweramp I suggested above. That was somewhat the next level. I like my fx stereo, so these days it wouldn't be an option for me. Nevertheless, if one is on a budget and space is a criteria, I can recommend it for sure.

• I used it with a Vox Tonelab, before I got the KPA. It did the job well, was loud enough along with a loud drummer. Fairly clean til you push it hard, than it adds some own distortion. I then went for an Engl Preamp with external fx, using the poweramp I suggested above. That was somewhat the next level. I like my fx stereo, so these days it wouldn't be an option for me. Nevertheless, if one is on a budget and space is a criteria, I can recommend it for sure.

Speaking of, I currently have an ENGL E530 preamp myself, I was originally planning on getting the ISP Stealth Pro and running that with the Kemper on my 2x12 since it can do stereo with a switch above the inputs. It's only about £50 more than the Ultra Light. I have heard that the EH power amp pedals add distortion, that's kind of one of the reasons I ended up never getting one, I don't know how good solid state poweramp distortion sounds if good at all.

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12